+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full-time Trader/Investor in the Futures market - Express entry

kevmcfoster

Jun 27, 2019
Hello Hello,
I have a simple question. I am a full-time trader/Investor in the Equity and Futures market (stock market, to say it simply). So that would make me self employed. I have been doing it for many many years. I Have a good turnover and great income from it.
But I do it from home, on my personal name (I do not have a company registered for it). Can I apply for Express entry based on this? Will it be considered as full time work experience. I have enough proof to show my turnover and income generated month on month based on this.

I did find NOC 1113, which states "Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers"...But I am not sure if that is the NOC I should be using.

Please do help...any help/suggestion would be useful. If you know of any link/thread of a similar case of someone who has applied for Express entry, do please share here.

Thank you in Advance for all your help.

Regards.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are self employed in this NOC, you require the following from the IRCC website:

• if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
You want to get your client receipts/invoices too. You have to show you provide a services to your client base.

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Based on the info given, you seem more like an investor that trades stock on a regular basis & you trade with your own money, whereas the people who fall under NOC1113 are those who are engaged by clients to make investment decisions on their behalf, trade using client's money.

Reactions: Naturgrl

kevmcfoster

Jun 27, 2019
I trade and Invest with my own funds. I do not have clients. I trade directly in the market.
Would that qualify for any NOC?
Documentations showing regular trades and Income statement is not a problem. But testimonials from Clients is, since I do not have any.
What NOC would I qualify for?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I trade and Invest with my own funds. I do not have clients. I trade directly in the market.
Would that qualify for any NOC?
Documentations showing regular trades and Income statement is not a problem. But testimonials from Clients is, since I do not have any.
What NOC would I qualify for?
No you are a day trader. Most people manage their own funds through direct trading, and don’t consider it self employment. Self employment is showing that you operate a business and have clients to match the NOC.

kevmcfoster

Jun 27, 2019
No you are a day trader. Most people manage their own funds through direct trading, and don’t consider it self employment. Self employment is showing that you operate a business and have clients to match the NOC.

Ohhh...So that means I cannot claim any points for employment correct?

Delta27

Mar 4, 2024
Hello There,

I am also a day trader but I am a Permanent Resident soon planning to apply for my Citizenship. I do not have registered Any company but trying to replace my full-time income from trading. I wanted to know if I am a full time day trader am I eligible for Citizenship ? also if I do not have any job will it affect in my citizenship process?

Can anyone please shed some light on this?