+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time student status being changed to a part time student status - Eligibility for working off campus

Nov 17, 2020
Hello Everyone
Team,
I started as a full time student in winter 2022. Unfortunately I couldn’t get through a particular subject therefore I will be doing a part time credit transfer course commencing on 1st of November 2023 and concludes on the 7th of February 2024. I will be only left woth this subject after 2nd week of November
So my status will be changing as a part time student. But I have student permit and co-op work permit valid till 31st March 2024

I would like to inquire regarding whether my status being changed as part time student after NovemberAm I eligible to work off campus ?
If yes.. please provide me further details.
If No, when will be my last day to work in 2023?
Please advise
Thank you so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone
Team,
I started as a full time student in winter 2022. Unfortunately I couldn’t get through a particular subject therefore I will be doing a part time credit transfer course commencing on 1st of November 2023 and concludes on the 7th of February 2024. I will be only left woth this subject after 2nd week of November
So my status will be changing as a part time student. But I have student permit and co-op work permit valid till 31st March 2024

I would like to inquire regarding whether my status being changed as part time student after NovemberAm I eligible to work off campus ?
If yes.. please provide me further details.
If No, when will be my last day to work in 2023?
Please advise
Thank you so much
When dies the program end? Have you been studying full-time throughout the program? How long is the degree? Is the an in person course?

Aug 15, 2023
hey i am experiencing the same issue can you please tell me is being a part time student effect our PGWP also can we work full time being a part time student

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hey i am experiencing the same issue can you please tell me is being a part time student effect our PGWP also can we work full time being a part time student
You can only be part time for the last semester to be eligible for a PGWP. No you cannot work full time as a part time student. Rules changed too as you cannot work full time as a student unless on a scheduled break.

If you’re a part-time student at a DLI
You can work off campus only if:

• you meet all of the requirements above, except the requirement to be a full-time student,
  • and
  • you’re only studying part-time, instead of full-time, because:
    • you’re in the last semester of your study program and you don’t need a full course load to complete your program and
    • you were a full-time student in your program in Canada, up until your last semester
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html