+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full-time Student and visitor visa/ Open Work Permit for my wife. Need help!

hongnguyen

Jun 27, 2015
Dear all,
I'm a full time Ph.D. international student. I'm now inside Canada. My study permit will be expired on 12/2019. I got married on February 2015. My wife now is in VietNam. Last month my wife applied for a visitor visa. We intend to get an Open Work Permit for her after she get a visitor visa and is already inside Canada. But today, our application was refused with reasons:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
1. Travel history
2. Current employment situation
3. Personal assets and financial status

She has never travel to any other country. She doesn't have a job right now.
Any suggestion for me please? Should we re-apply for a visitor visa or should we apply for an open work permit since I am a fulltime international student and my wife can apply an open work permit.
Thank you all!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would try applying for an Open Work Permit instead of a visitor visa. However the Open Work Permit can be refused for the same reasons. So with the second application, your wife should include much stronger evidence of ties to her home country. Is there any evidence she has that she didn't provide with the original application? The fact she has no job and hasn't traveled unfortunately doesn't work in her favour.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hongnguyen said:
Dear Scylla,
Thank you for your suggestion. My older brother has a company. He can write a work confirmation letter for my wife (in fact she had never work with his company) . For example : "This letter confirmed that Mrs ABC has been working at our company from 1/2013 until now...salary...position....etc" and he can write a letter " Our company agreed Mrs ABC will stop working for two months to visit her husband...etc". Do you think we can re-apply for visitor visa with these additional documents?
Many thanks!
No - you definitely shouldn't do this. It's a horrible idea to falsify documents. If CIC discovers your wife's application includes falsified documents, this is misrepresentation. Your wife will then be refused and she will also end up with a 5 year ban from entering Canada. Don't lie or include fake documents in the application.

hongnguyen

Jun 27, 2015
Yes, thanks for your feedback. I am also worried about that so we will not do that way. I don't know what to do next!

bidogau

Jun 28, 2015
Hongnguyen, i think you show stronger evidences of ties to home country. Tell the Visa Officer about your love leading to the marriage and that having her beside can help you more focused on the PhD studies