+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time Contract vs Permanent job

ece*

Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone,
I'm in need of help, I thought I had all my documents but this has thrown me off track.

I got a ITA in February for CEC. I am currently working under a work permit after finishing my ECE diploma. I have been employed by one company as a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) since September 2019. However, I am in a contract position, my current contract states I have worked from September 2019 and ends in June 2021.
The CEC eligibility criteria say you need one year of experience to apply. However, when I upload my documents it asks me to submit an Offer of Employment and says "Must be of a job that is permanent and not seasonal" it also says "(Note – in most cases, the job offer must be for a permanent job. For some types of jobs, it has to be for at least one year.)"
This has confused me. Would I still be able to apply? I have more than 1 year of FULL-time work experience, do I need a permanent job offer for this? and by permanent do they mean like non-seasonal? (because in that case, my job is not a seasonal job) or does it mean it HAS to be a permenant job with the company and cant be a contract? ( even though my contract is very likely to get extended)

2. I am very confused by the multiple letters, they all seem the same to me? It is currently asking me for
Offer of Employment
Employment Record (this was also asked for the other two jobs I worked when I was a student and I have letters for those)
Letter of Employment
All of these for the same job.

Thank you in advance.