+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP Questions

ammu.kamu

Sep 9, 2015
I have some questions I wasn't able to get answered looking on the CIC website or on forums.

1. I have my courses toward my bachelor's degree completed but I haven't received the diploma yet, can I apply before I graduate if I can get a letter from the university certifying that I completed my courses?
2. If I receive a job offer, do I have to still fill out the expression of interest or will I be able to skip this step?
A. How do processing times vary differ when applying with a job offer vs without one?
3. Suppose I am unmarried when I fill out the expression of interest, and receive the invitation to apply. After receiving the invitation to apply, I get married. Can I apply as married after that?
4. Does an invitation to apply guarantee permanent residence (if the ensuing paperwork is filled out timely and properly)?
5. Will a letter from an employer (that fulfills all the requirements) be enough to show experience or will tax forms and pay stubs be needed as well?
6. I have year of paid internship experience during my 3rd year of college. Will that count as work experience or does the work experience have to be post graduation?
7. What are the options for two unmarried people to obtain permanent residence together?
8. Do the spouse automatically get permanent residence if the applicant gets it?
9. Is there a time limit to move to Canada after obtaining permanent residence?
10. What is the process and processing time to sponsor a spouse after obtaining permanent residence?
11. Can I apply while living in the US under DACA or will I have to go back to my home country and apply from there?
12. Does DACA provide any advantages to obtaining permanent residence in Canada?
13. Is express entry the fastest and most guaranteed way to obtain permanent residence?
14. Is permanent residence immediately guaranteed with a job offer or will I have to stay with the same employer for a certain amount of time?
16. Is the process dependent or independent on employer sponsorship?

I know some of these questions might be easier than I think or I'm overlooking but I really need them clarified. It would be helpful if links were included with each answer. Thank you very much