+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP points dropped before getting the ITA

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
I'm very much confused and worried as 'm not able to find an authentic tool to calculate the FSW points accurately!

When I count the points manually they sums up as 66, however, when I tries to re-create an EE profile, it allows me with the same details! ideally it should not allow me to create EE profile if the points are less than 67.

I got the ITA in June, 2019 and I still have to apply for eAPR so worried that I may be ineligible on verification by VO as the points are less than the threshold.

Please let me know if there is any authentic and reliable tool available to calculate the points for FSWP or any valuable information that helps in my situation.

Thank you.

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm very much confused and worried as 'm not able to find an authentic tool to calculate the FSW points accurately!

When I count the points manually they sums up as 66, however, when I tries to re-create an EE profile, it allows me with the same details! ideally it should not allow me to create EE profile if the points are less than 67.

I got the ITA in June, 2019 and I still have to apply for eAPR so worried that I may be ineligible on verification by VO as the points are less than the threshold.

Please let me know if there is any authentic and reliable tool available to calculate the points for FSWP or any valuable information that helps in my situation.

Thank you.
ok most of the inaccuracies are coming from the length of work experience. for FSW points you can take up to 6 years of work experience into account. Other than that system does react more promptly to your age or ECA / IELTS expiration dates. So check again closely all that (and yes you can claim work experience from different NOC as long as they are 0, A, B)

For the sake of being accepted, you need to fulfill both FSW points and CRS points at the date of ITA and the date of EAPR.

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
ok most of the inaccuracies are coming from the length of work experience. for FSW points you can take up to 6 years of work experience into account. Other than that system does react more promptly to your age or ECA / IELTS expiration dates. So check again closely all that (and yes you can claim work experience from different NOC as long as they are 0, A, B)

For the sake of being accepted, you need to fulfill both FSW points and CRS points at the date of ITA and the date of EAPR.
@vensak, thank you for the reply!

However, my confusion is regarding my age points i.e. it sums up as 66 at the time of securing the ITA, but if this is true (66 points) than the system should have NOT display that I'm eligible for EE when I verified with "Check Your Eligibility" tool. I'm not sure where I'm making mistake because my eAPR deadline is close and I need to apply for PR but I'm not sure whether my application would be declined coz of 66 points!

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
@vensak, I have a question for the age factor, how the points are calculated for example:

If I am 32 years 1 month 25 days old, will it be considered as 32 or 33 years?

Last edited:

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Thank you for the reply!

however, could you please share a link if any from the CIC website for this age factors to be calculated in months. I tried a lot but didn't find anything like the above example.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Thank you for the reply!

however, could you please share a link if any from the CIC website for this age factors to be calculated in months. I tried a lot but didn't find anything like the above example.
1/ Because there isn't one, CIC calculates your age by years, not months.

Reactions: SK_Regina

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Hi

1/ Because there isn't one, CIC calculates your age by years, not months.
Hmm... but CIC should have the clarity for this on the website I guess, however, now I'm relieved that the system takes the completed years as the base to calculate the age points like in the above example 32 years 1 month 25 days old would be considered as 32 years.
Thanks for your help!

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
@PMM , @vensak and all Hello,

Please help me to sort out my below query:

I have a pnp nomination and now 'm in the process to apply for eAPR. When I joined my current company in Aug 2014 my designation was 'QA Engineer', I applied TRV and went to Canada in May 2018, that time I mentioned my designation as 'Software Engineer' in the application, however, I applied for a job in Canada as a 'Network Admin' and got selected in Dec 2018, though my duties remained same throughout these years in this company. Ref letter is same as 'Network Admin'.

Now my question, will my application be considered as misrepresentation in eAPR; coz of different designations in the same company? or please let me know any wayout to tackle this problem before-hand. Thank you.

Last edited:

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Hi All,

Could you please let me know, if the entire settlement funds be shown as a Gift Deed by father, would it be any problems or its safe to go ahead. Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@PMM , @vensak and all Hello,

Please help me to sort out my below query:

I have a pnp nomination and now 'm in the process to apply for eAPR. When I joined my current company in Aug 2014 my designation was 'QA Engineer', I applied TRV and went to Canada in May 2018, that time I mentioned my designation as 'Software Engineer' in the application, however, I applied for a job in Canada as a 'Network Admin' and got selected in Dec 2018, though my duties remained same throughout these years in this company. Ref letter is same as 'Network Admin'.

Now my question, will my application be considered as misrepresentation in eAPR; coz of different designations in the same company? or please let me know any wayout to tackle this problem before-hand. Thank you.
If parts of your requirements for Ontario PNP was cerain NOC (usually they have list of priority NOCs), then you need to prove that your job duties points to that NOC (name of your position is by itself irrelevant).
If they just choose you in a human priority stream as such, all you need to prove to have a valid 0, A, B NOC. If there is a discrepancy or something unclear, write it in your LOE

Reactions: SK_Regina

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
@PMM and @vensak , Hello

In FSW program, what would be the criteria for work experience point calculation in below scenarios:

1. Candidate with two different Skill Levels (A & B) have total of 10 years of experience i.e. 6 years in skill level A and 4 yeras in skill level B; which is Primary occupation. How many points be awarded i.e. 15 or 13?

2. Candidate have 10 years of experience in SAME skill levels i.e. skill level B; but with two different NOCs (e.g. 2181 & 2283). How many points be awarded in this case. 15 points or less?

Please help to understand this. Thanks.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@vensak, I have a question for the age factor, how the points are calculated for example:

If I am 32 years 1 month 25 days old, will it be considered as 32 or 33 years?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@vensak, thank you for the reply!

However, my confusion is regarding my age points i.e. it sums up as 66 at the time of securing the ITA, but if this is true (66 points) than the system should have NOT display that I'm eligible for EE when I verified with "Check Your Eligibility" tool. I'm not sure where I'm making mistake because my eAPR deadline is close and I need to apply for PR but I'm not sure whether my application would be declined coz of 66 points!
you should be able to see as well how many points did your account assigned to you. That should help you to understand. Especially if you have work experience broken into several that were not following each other you can gather there some months you never had (system always think that you started at the first of the month and ended at last of that month even if it was not the case).
As for the age points, the delay is maybe just within few days - max a week. So did you have your Bday just before ITA, on that day or just after it?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@PMM and @vensak , Hello

In FSW program, what would be the criteria for work experience point calculation in below scenarios:

1. Candidate with two different Skill Levels (A & B) have total of 10 years of experience i.e. 6 years in skill level A and 4 yeras in skill level B; which is Primary occupation. How many points be awarded i.e. 15 or 13?

2. Candidate have 10 years of experience in SAME skill levels i.e. skill level B; but with two different NOCs (e.g. 2181 & 2283). How many points be awarded in this case. 15 points or less?

Please help to understand this. Thanks.
Unless they changed something you will be awarded points for up to 6 years of work experience that happened within last 10 years (backward from the date of EAPR). And you do not need to have them in the same NOC, just all your claimed NOC will have to be 0, A or B. Also you cannot claim time for 2 NOC if work experience was overlapping and in total they made more that 1 full time job (for example you had 8 hours shift with NOC X and then part time with NOC Y, you can only claim for NOC X).