+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW stream eligible occupations for EE

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
Is there any restrictions or eligible occupations for FSW stream under the new EE system?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No restrictions.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They haven't restricted immigration application to a specific NOC list.

Yet, they have restricted the immigration application with the need for one to get an LMIA.

Any immigration application, that will be successful, will be one, which caters to needs of Canada in sectors where they have gaps (or need).

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
No restrictions.
+1

Thank you for the reply Syclla. One more quick question what is Primary Occupation? Does it automatically mean my the current job Noc B or I can put my previous job in the higher skilled position NOC O

Thanks

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hariskhan said:
They haven't restricted immigration application to a specific NOC list.

Yet, they have restricted the immigration application with the need for one to get an LMIA.

Any immigration application, that will be successful, will be one, which caters to needs of Canada in sectors where they have gaps (or need).
Do you mean to say they assess the FSW application differently under EE system, not the same old 67 points system ?
Because before u get 10 points for arrange employment

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yup. Its different now. Its no longer 67 points. Its 1200 points now.

Requirements of FSW are the same. Points have been spread over a larger number.

Now, one can get 600 out of 1200 points only and only based on LMIA or arranged employment (pay $500 to someone or some company).

I think its, either you show you have proof of funds when you enter (to survive on your own untill you find a job), or you have a valid job offer with LMIA.

With joblessness rising in Canada, not many employers are interested in getting LMIA from Govt of Canada for a foreign worker. This may change (employers may feel relaxed) for occupations where Govt of Canada does! "recognize" that there "is" "need".

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
lotus_abbey said:
+1

Thank you for the reply Syclla. One more quick question what is Primary Occupation? Does it automatically mean my the current job Noc B or I can put my previous job in the higher skilled position NOC O

Thanks
When applying under express entry, there is no primary NOC. You will just need to list all your skilled work experience in NOC O, A, and B to get the total work experience. It will be a lot clearer to you once you actually open a profile in the system.

lotus_abbey said:
Do you mean to say they assess the FSW application differently under EE system, not the same old 67 points system ?
Because before u get 10 points for arrange employment
They still use the 67 point scale to assess eligibility under FSW. If you can't score 67 points, then you cannot enter into the express entry pool under FSW (you might still qualify for CEC if you are working in Canada). Once you are found eligible under FSW (that is more than 67 points), then you are awarded a score out of 1200, which is used to compare you with all the other applicants in the pool and to send invitations to apply.

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
When applying under express entry, there is no primary NOC. You will just need to list all your skilled work experience in NOC O, A, and B to get the total work experience. It will be a lot clearer to you once you actually open a profile in the system.

They still use the 67 point scale to assess eligibility under FSW. If you can't score 67 points, then you cannot enter into the express entry pool under FSW (you might still qualify for CEC if you are working in Canada). Once you are found eligible under FSW (that is more than 67 points), then you are awarded a score out of 1200, which is used to compare you with all the other applicants in the pool and to send invitations to apply.

That makes sense to me so you mean to say FSW applicants who received an ITA will be re-assessed by CIC using the 67 point scale in order to get PR? And the 1200 points used in EE system is used for FSW applicants in order to get into the pool? Is my understanding correct coz CIC site did mentioned the eligibility factors.

Thanks!