+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Outland / Upfront Medicals / Documents Required / Other Details

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon .... Hope you and your family are in good health!

Please find below my details:

- Category : FSW (outland) (India)
- AOR : January 2020
- Medical Passed : February 2020

Since my medicals were passed 19 months ago and also in anticipation of movement(s) in outland application processing, I have decided to go for upfront (re) e-medicals.

However even after much research I am not able to find legit reply to few of my queries, so here I am to seek your advice on below mentioned:

1) Other than Passport (original & copies) what documents are required for upfront e-medicals?

Hospital only asked for passport but many people on this forum are also suggesting to fill a particular IME form.

2) Along with Medical Information Sheet what other document(s) will I get from the hospital which I have to send via webform to IRCC?

3) Hospital mentioned that it will be my responsibility to link the upfront e-medicals to my application, as many people face difficulties in doing so. Is it true ? If yes then how can I avoid the miscommunication with IRCC once i get my upfront e-medicals done?

Sir please advise.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Since my medicals were passed 19 months ago and also in anticipation of movement(s) in outland application processing, I have decided to go for upfront (re) e-medicals.

However even after much research I am not able to find legit reply to few of my queries, so here I am to seek your advice on below mentioned:

1) Other than Passport (original & copies) what documents are required for upfront e-medicals?

Hospital only asked for passport but many people on this forum are also suggesting to fill a particular IME form.

2) Along with Medical Information Sheet what other document(s) will I get from the hospital which I have to send via webform to IRCC?

3) Hospital mentioned that it will be my responsibility to link the upfront e-medicals to my application, as many people face difficulties in doing so. Is it true ? If yes then how can I avoid the miscommunication with IRCC once i get my upfront e-medicals done?

Sir please advise.
1. For upfront meds only a passport is required and the hospital will give you an upfront medical sheet that will have the IME number.

2. Only the Medical Information Sheet, nothing else. When your medical report is ready, it will be transmitted to IRCC by the panel physician.

3. It is done by IRCC. The sheet you will send will have the IME number, IRCC will use it to link it to your file.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019

Sorry for the long one ...

- Upfront Re-medicals : 27th September 2021
(updated IRCC via webform)

- Upfront Re-medicals Passed : 19th November 2021 (updated in profile).

Sir as mentioned above today I received the following update in my profile:

Latest update:
Review of medical results -
November 19, 2021
:You passed the
medical exam

However I have also received the IMM 1017E respectively for both me and spouse, dated 19th November 2021, wherein we are required to undergo a medical exam within 30 days of receiving this letter.

Sir my queries are:

1) When the profile is already updated and reflects that I have passed the medicals then why have I received the IMM 1017 E form?

2) I understand I have to re-send our upfront Re-medicals information sheet to IRCC alongwith LOE, but I don't see any placeholder generated in my profile for me and my spouse.
Will raising the webform and attaching the documents suffice?

3) Do I need to fill the IMM 1017 E form or get it filled by hospital where I had the upfront exam?

4) I only need to send the Upfront re-medical sheet and LOE ? Or do I have to also include the IMM 1017 E form?

5) Also the IME number on IMM 1017E is different from what I received on my upfront medicals information sheet which I am presuming is normal?

6) Sir I have also added my new born son to the application on 25th August 2021, with upfront e-medicals uploaded via webform, but there is no update for the same on my profile.
Should I again send all the documents of my son via webform or IRCC will eventually add him to the application?

Thank you sir for taking out your time to help me. It is because of you that I have been able to handle my application with full confidence and realise my dream of going to Canada!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Sorry for the long one ...

- Upfront Re-medicals : 27th September 2021
(updated IRCC via webform)

- Upfront Re-medicals Passed : 19th November 2021 (updated in profile).

Sir as mentioned above today I received the following update in my profile:

Latest update:
Review of medical results -
November 19, 2021
:You passed the
medical exam

However I have also received the IMM 1017E respectively for both me and spouse, dated 19th November 2021, wherein we are required to undergo a medical exam within 30 days of receiving this letter.

Sir my queries are:

1) When the profile is already updated and reflects that I have passed the medicals then why have I received the IMM 1017 E form?

2) I understand I have to re-send our upfront Re-medicals information sheet to IRCC alongwith LOE, but I don't see any placeholder generated in my profile for me and my spouse.
Will raising the webform and attaching the documents suffice?

3) Do I need to fill the IMM 1017 E form or get it filled by hospital where I had the upfront exam?

4) I only need to send the Upfront re-medical sheet and LOE ? Or do I have to also include the IMM 1017 E form?

5) Also the IME number on IMM 1017E is different from what I received on my upfront medicals information sheet which I am presuming is normal?

6) Sir I have also added my new born son to the application on 25th August 2021, with upfront e-medicals uploaded via webform, but there is no update for the same on my profile.
Should I again send all the documents of my son via webform or IRCC will eventually add him to the application?

Thank you sir for taking out your time to help me. It is because of you that I have been able to handle my application with full confidence and realise my dream of going to Canada!

1. Your medicals have not been updated. If you recently did medicals on your own (upfront), then the same has to be attached to your file. When IRCC sends the medical request, an immigration medical examination (IME) number is provided. Since you did an upfront medical exam yourself, the IME is different and will take time for IRCC to attach it to your file.

2. Send it as a webform

3. It will be filled by the panel physician

4. Just the upfront sheet

5. see 1

6. It can take 3-6 weeks for a response and longer for IRCC to add your new family member. Once done, you will see the new family member's name on your MyCIC account.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ..... Thank you sir for taking out the time to give advise on all the points!
Duly noted sir.

God bless you sir ... No words to explain the gratitude I have for you!

Happy to help!! All the best!!

J9191

Jan 14, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
13-01-2020
Same situation here.

Jan 2020 AOR - FSWO - Ottawa. I did upfront medicals in March 2021 and uploaded the results via webform.
Finally I see an update on my profile as "Review of medical results - November 18, 2021": You passed the medical exam.

Along with above I got a re-medical request as well. I reached out to the hospital today and they told that IME number provided as part this new re-medical is not valid.

I suppose raising a new webform and clarifying the same should fix the issue.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Same situation here.

Jan 2020 AOR - FSWO - Ottawa. I did upfront medicals in March 2021 and uploaded the results via webform.
Finally I see an update on my profile as "Review of medical results - November 18, 2021": You passed the medical exam.

Along with above I got a re-medical request as well
. I reached out to the hospital today and they told that IME number provided as part this new re-medical is not valid.

I suppose raising a new webform and clarifying the same should fix the issue.
Yes ..... Let's follow what legalfalcon have advised and I am sure we will get PPR sooner than later.

Reactions: J9191

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@legalfalcon .... Good day to you!

I have one more query sir .... Request you to please advise.

As mentioned earlier, I already have done the upfront RE-medicals on 27th September 2021 and have now received the IMM 1017 E form on 19th November, so my query is:

a) do I have to take the IMM 1017 E form to hospital (where I got my upfront RE-medicals) and get it filled by the physician and then ask them to send it to IRCC ?

OR

b) Should I completely ignore the IMM 1017 E form and only re-send the upfront e-medical information sheet to IRCC via webform?

One more query sir, which is purely for my knowledge purpose and your advice will surely help me understand the process further.

When I got the upfront re-medicals done on 27th September 2021, I immediately sent it via webform and received acknowledgement for the same.
Now on 19th November I received the RE-medicals request but also in my profile it clearly states:

November 19, 2021: you passed the medical exam

Sir my query is, when in my profile they have clearly updated the medicals to passed on 19th November 2021 then why have they send me the RE-medicals request?

Thank you for taking out time and helping us with all the stupid queries we have (especially me) but to be honest I reach out to you everytime because I know that I can completely trust your advise!
Thank you sir!

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
@legalfalcon .... Good day to you!

I have one more query sir .... Request you to please advise.

As mentioned earlier, I already have done the upfront RE-medicals on 27th September 2021 and have now received the IMM 1017 E form on 19th November, so my query is:

a) do I have to take the IMM 1017 E form to hospital (where I got my upfront RE-medicals) and get it filled by the physician and then ask them to send it to IRCC ?

OR

b) Should I completely ignore the IMM 1017 E form and only re-send the upfront e-medical information sheet to IRCC via webform?

One more query sir, which is purely for my knowledge purpose and your advice will surely help me understand the process further.

When I got the upfront re-medicals done on 27th September 2021, I immediately sent it via webform and received acknowledgement for the same.
Now on 19th November I received the RE-medicals request but also in my profile it clearly states:

November 19, 2021: you passed the medical exam

Sir my query is, when in my profile they have clearly updated the medicals to passed on 19th November 2021 then why have they send me the RE-medicals request?

Thank you for taking out time and helping us with all the stupid queries we have (especially me) but to be honest I reach out to you everytime because I know that I can completely trust your advise!
Thank you sir!

@legalfalcon .... Please Advise

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon .... Please Advise

completely ignore the IMM 1017 E form and only re-send the upfront e-medical information sheet to IRCC via webform.

You can also ask the panel physician if they can change the IME number to the one you received.

Naynah

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
Happy to help!! All the best!!
Dear Legalfalcon,

Find stated below my necessary information
AOR : March 22, 2020
Medicals: 22 May, 2020
Biometrics: 7 October, 2020
Remedical: (scheduled for 20th December, 2021)

I just received a remedical request from IRCC on 23rd November, 2021(earlier one was passed in May, 2020). However in April/May 2021 I got married and applied for my spouse to be joined to my application. I was sent an application kit for him which I filled & submitted together with his upfront medical vide Web form. I have not seen his medical added to my profile as passed since June 2021. Wanted to know if the request for remedical means I would soon get COPR any moment from now IRCC?

Reactions: Johnjacobb