+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW info please on resident card

kenzie

Feb 1, 2011
hi i am looking to move to CA soon, i am pretty sure i will score good on FSW as i have relatives there not close enough for sponsorship though, and also with my education and job skills.

before i apply i am wondering about time scales, how long should i expect my application to take till i get a PR visa to "land" in CA

Also if i am not ready to move to CA at the time of my PR visa can i land within the expiry time and leave again to sell house etc to come back later? also how long do i have to do this, i read once landed in CA i can get a PR card and have 5 years in which to get a renewal 2 of those years i must reside in CA but it was only on yahoo answers so not really reliable.

Basically i want to move in 3 yrs so i figure if i apply now and sort my landing within the visa date and stayed for a couple of weeks before returning to uk and moving permanently at a later date,
if i moved in 3 yrs permanently i would have resided in CA for 2 years out of the 5 if i had my visa with todays date you see so is it worth starting the application now?

any help on the process would be great cant seem to find the info to my questions on CA immigration website

thanks

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzie said:
hi i am looking to move to CA soon, i am pretty sure i will score good on FSW as i have relatives there not close enough for sponsorship though, and also with my education and job skills.

before i apply i am wondering about time scales, how long should i expect my application to take till i get a PR visa to "land" in CA

Also if i am not ready to move to CA at the time of my PR visa can i land within the expiry time and leave again to sell house etc to come back later? also how long do i have to do this, i read once landed in CA i can get a PR card and have 5 years in which to get a renewal 2 of those years i must reside in CA but it was only on yahoo answers so not really reliable.

Basically i want to move in 3 yrs so i figure if i apply now and sort my landing within the visa date and stayed for a couple of weeks before returning to uk and moving permanently at a later date,
if i moved in 3 yrs permanently i would have resided in CA for 2 years out of the 5 if i had my visa with todays date you see so is it worth starting the application now?

any help on the process would be great cant seem to find the info to my questions on CA immigration website

thanks
It depends upon your case and under which category you will apply. Usually under the Skilled worker program it takes 8 to 12 months total time to process and finalize the visa.

Yes you can land before the visa expires. You can land and go back but make sure you come back into Canada before you pass the deadline to meet the PR requirements which is you must stay in Canada 2 years out of 5 years to be a PR.

Yes, it can work but make sure it is not too tight with the days. I mean just do not complete the 2 out of 5 years criteria as the CBSA official might not let you in Canada for wrong calculation. What I mean is that you be pretty sure that you will meet the 2 / 5 years criteria

Best of luck