Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Hi,
I have filed for FSW under the arranged employment category from within Canada. I filed for it on Feb 20. No response as yet.

Let me know all your status.

Thanks.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ghatot201 said:
Hi,
I have filed for FSW under the arranged employment category from within Canada. I filed for it on Feb 20. No response as yet.

Let me know all your status.

Thanks.
I filed on early Feb ( received on Feb 6th), and credit card was charged around 12th, haven't received any email from CIC, but I used the UCI from my work permit to check my status online and it showed the PR applcation has been received

joec19

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2011
Doc's Request.
June 19, 2013
AOR Received.
September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
July 2012 from Buffalo to Ottawa
Med's Request
July 12, 2013
Med's Done....
July 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 16, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I also applied as FSW from within Canada on September 2011. All I know thus far is it was transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa. No other news.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
itsmyid said:
I filed on early Feb ( received on Feb 6th), and credit card was charged around 12th, haven't received any email from CIC, but I used the UCI from my work permit to check my status online and it showed the PR applcation has been received
Actually, right after I posted my reply I found the email in my spam folder, sent today, with PER

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
joec19 said:
I also applied as FSW from within Canada on September 2011. All I know thus far is it was transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa. No other news.
September 2011??? thats a long time with no news buddy

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
itsmyid said:
Actually, right after I posted my reply I found the email in my spam folder, sent today, with PER
What does the email say?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ghatot201 said:
What does the email say?
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.

However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.

Please note: The requirements for Arranged Employment are outlined on: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp#factor5

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
itsmyid said:
Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.

However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office.

Please note: The requirements for Arranged Employment are outlined on: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp#factor5

Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing.
Interesting. BTW did you apply for the AEO. Since I have a work permit (post grad) I do not need an arranged employment opinion right?
Post grad work permit holders are exempt from AEO. Please correct me if I am wrong.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
ghatot201 said:
Interesting. BTW did you apply for the AEO. Since I have a work permit (post grad) I do not need an arranged employment opinion right?
Post grad work permit holders are exempt from AEO. Please correct me if I am wrong.
I have no ideal how it works with post grad work permit... I didn't go to school in Canada and my work permit was through LMO, so I didn't need AEO in my case, according to the CIC website

1.If you are currently working in Canada: ◦your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a FSW; and
◦your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.
In addition:◦your work permit must have been issued by CIC based on a positive labour market opinion (LMO) from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC); or
◦you must be in a category that is exempt from an Arranged Employment Opinion, for example, you are currently working in Canada in a job that is exempt from the LMO requirement under an international agreement (for instance, North America Free Trade Agreement) or a significant benefit category (for instance, intra-company transferee).

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Yes you are right.. point 2 below that states the following.

2. You are working in Canada on a temporary work permit anda.your temporary work permit was exempted from the requirement of obtaining a labour market opinion of your job offer from HRSDC on the basis of an international agreement (e.g., NAFTA or GATS), a significant benefit to Canada (e.g., intra-company transfer) or public policy on Canada’s academic or economic competitiveness (e.g., post-graduate work);
b.you are currently working in that job;
c.the work permit was valid at the time you made your permanent resident visa application and at the time the visa, if any, is issued; and
d.your employer made an offer to employ you on an indeterminate basis once the permanent resident visa is issued.

I was just confirming. Even though the website says this, have got conflicting information from the lawyers.

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Notice – Changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program

March 1, 2013 – With new criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) set to take effect in May, many prospective immigrants may already be preparing to apply.

However, future FSWP applicants should be aware that CIC expects to announce three important elements of the FSWP in April that will have an impact on the application process, including:
•a cap on the number of applications that will be accepted in the first year;
•a new list of priority occupations; and
•the organizations that will be designated to conduct educational assessments.

Applicants who prepare their application before this information is announced do so at their own risk. Applications that do not meet the criteria that will be announced in April will not be processed.

On December 19, 2012, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced significant changes to the FSWP. In addition, the Minister announced that the new FSWP would be opened up for applications on May 4, 2013. A pause on applications, except for those from certain PhD students and those supported by a qualifying job offer, has been in place since July 1, 2012.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
arman79 said:
Notice – Changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program

March 1, 2013 – With new criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) set to take effect in May, many prospective immigrants may already be preparing to apply.

However, future FSWP applicants should be aware that CIC expects to announce three important elements of the FSWP in April that will have an impact on the application process, including:
•a cap on the number of applications that will be accepted in the first year;
•a new list of priority occupations; and
•the organizations that will be designated to conduct educational assessments.

Applicants who prepare their application before this information is announced do so at their own risk. Applications that do not meet the criteria that will be announced in April will not be processed.

On December 19, 2012, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced significant changes to the FSWP. In addition, the Minister announced that the new FSWP would be opened up for applications on May 4, 2013. A pause on applications, except for those from certain PhD students and those supported by a qualifying job offer, has been in place since July 1, 2012.
this thread is for people applying under the old system with job offer, so this notice you posted doesn't really apply here

IcePrincess9

Apr 14, 2011
Hi,

I applied under the same category (AE) and according to ecas, my application was received on Feb 28, 2013. I then received an email on March 14, 2013 stating the same "Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive determination of eligibility to be processed on the basis of Arranged Employment in Canada.However a final decision on your eligibility to be selected as a federal skilled worker will be made by a visa office."

I am just confused because when I checked my status recently in ecas - it showed "Medical Results Have Been Received" even though I never received a Medical Request as of yet, I was thinking ...could it be because I just had my medical done for my Work Permit Visa (2yrs extension) in September of 2012 and that since it's not yet over a year old that they used it for my application for PR or is it a system glitch? I would like to mention too that I sponsored my husband under SOWP and he's now here in CA with me and had his medical done for his Open Visa in November 2012; we are both applying for PR and I am the principal applicant.

I hope someone can shed me some light on this, would really appreciate your response.

Thanks! :)