+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Employer references for Self-employed/Contractor

tgam2

Apr 27, 2018
Hi,

I'm readying my documents for application for the Federal Skilled Workers Express Entry. I have 8 years' experience, but of that I spent 2.5 years working as an engineering contractor through a recruitment company and my own limited company in the UK.

I used to issue an invoice and signed timesheet to the Recruiter, who in turn would invoice the employer.

My queries are:
  • Will a letter from the company to which I contracted (for the full 2.5 years) suffice? (obviously meeting the ref. letter requirements). I will include a statement similar to that written below, but will it be enough?:
"XXX was a full-time contractor with XXX company for the period listed. During this time the contractor invoiced us for services rendered through a 3rd part recruitment agency, XXX"
  • The issue I can see is that the company paid my limited company, and then I was paid salary/dividends. Will the reference letter confirming my contract be sufficient, or will I need to provide a Companies House certificate, corporate tax reports, etc?
  • I do not have payslips for this period, but I do have all the invoices I issued to the Recruiter, as well as signed timesheets - will that be sufficient?
Thanks for any input.

Last edited: