+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW category with Spouse having relative but not taking Spouse to Canada.

vtrycanada

May 29, 2014
Hello Friends,

I wish to apply under Federal Skill Worker Program for PR.

I cannot take my wife since she does not have passport.I cannot apply for her passport since we are leaving in a rented apartment.We cannot make documents on this rented apartment.
My passport and other documents are having old address were we once lived before moving to this rented apartment.

My wife's uncle(citizen) is settled in Canada.I wish to mention this relative in my form imm008_3e as my spouse's uncle.

Can i apply, without taking spouse and still mentioning this relative ?Will i get the points ?
OR
Is it compulsory for visa request to be made with accompanying spouse, if i wish to take reference of her relatives ?

If some more clarification is required, please leave feel free to ask.
thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You must include your wife in your application whether she is coming to Canada or not - however you can include her as a non-accompanying dependent (she will still have to provide her passport even if she is non accompanying).

If you want points for her uncle who is in Canada, then she must be listed as an accompanying dependent on your application. You will get no points for her uncle if she is listed as non-accompanying.

So regardless of what you do, you need to obtain a passport for your wife to apply.

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
vtrycanada said:
Hello Friends,

I wish to apply under Federal Skill Worker Program for PR.

I cannot take my wife since she does not have passport.I cannot apply for her passport since we are leaving in a rented apartment.We cannot make documents on this rented apartment.
My passport and other documents are having old address were we once lived before moving to this rented apartment.

My wife's uncle(citizen) is settled in Canada.I wish to mention this relative in my form imm008_3e as my spouse's uncle.

Can i apply, without taking spouse and still mentioning this relative ?Will i get the points ?
OR
Is it compulsory for visa request to be made with accompanying spouse, if i wish to take reference of her relatives ?

If some more clarification is required, please leave feel free to ask.
thanks.
You should include her in theapplication and check the passport box with no. Apply for the passport in the mean time.
I think that it is constitutional right of every citizen to have personal documents (and passport is one of them) from the country he lives in. I think you should check it once again (if it is the only reason why you wan't include your wife in the application, of course).