+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW Canadian Work Experience

skstrials

Nov 18, 2015
I just put my express entry profile into the system.

It tells me that I have met the minimum entry criteria, but I have not received the points for CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience, which I thought I should have received since I have a year of work experience (1560 hours) in a NOC code 4215 (skill level B) profession, which is why I have met the minimum criteria.

1. So I do not understand why my 1 year of work experience in skill level B gets me a minimum entry criteria, but not extra points for Canadian Work Experience?

2. Does the situation above have to do with that my 1560 hours in a B profession, was done in a self-employment setting? There was no description of not accepting self employment hours in the federal skilled worker description I saw.

If you could help me with my situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skstrials said:
I just put my express entry profile into the system.

It tells me that I have met the minimum entry criteria, but I have not received the points for CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience, which I thought I should have received since I have a year of work experience (1560 hours) in a NOC code 4215 (skill level B) profession, which is why I have met the minimum criteria.

1. So I do not understand why my 1 year of work experience in skill level B gets me a minimum entry criteria, but not extra points for Canadian Work Experience?

2. Does the situation above have to do with that my 1560 hours in a B profession, was done in a self-employment setting? There was no description of not accepting self employment hours in the federal skilled worker description I saw.

If you could help me with my situation, it would be greatly appreciated.
Canadian experience cannot be self-employed. Foreign work experience can.