+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW application (NOC4122) returned

java218

Apr 3, 2012
Just got my application returned 1 month after submission. Reason: experienced profession (NOC 4122) not in qualified job list. I was working as a RA during my phd in Vancouver, and then come to US to do Postdoc since Dec 2010. 4122 seems to be the most accurate description of my working experience. I checked the list and found the most close one is biologist (NOC 2122), which also unfortunately reaches the cap already. My question is can I apply under that NOC code? or what other options do I have? Since I am not at Canada now, and have left Canada for more than one year, i don't feel I can apply under CEC; also I have got phd for 1.5 years, so PhD stream won't work either.. Any suggestion?? Thanks a lot.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a one year continuous job experience as a biologist in the past 10 years, you can apply under that NOC but if the cap is full, wait until July 1st because they will reset then.

Your other option is getting a job offer in Canada. With a job offer (AEO) you can apply under skilled worker, even if your occupation is not on the list and even if all the caps are full.

java218

Apr 3, 2012
Thanks a lot. The boundary between my experience and biologist is quite vague. I do what a biologist do basically, for 6 years. But I guess any kind of trainee situation (Graduate research assistant, or postdoc fellow) doesn't count. Is that true? Or can I change my current NOC code to biologist, even I am actually doing postdoc in neurobiology?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
java218 said:
Thanks a lot. The boundary between my experience and biologist is quite vague. I do what a biologist do basically, for 6 years. But I guess any kind of trainee situation (Graduate research assistant, or postdoc fellow) doesn't count. Is that true? Or can I change my current NOC code to biologist, even I am actually doing postdoc in neurobiology?
Hi java218, do you think this would be something that you can qualify for?

http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/strategic_occupations/student_pilot/who.page?

Do you have a post-graduate work-permit (which will be valid for 3 years from the date of graduation)? You do not actually need a job offer if you have graduated from a PhD program at an accepted BC post-secondary institution (and since Biology is one of the qualified fields). But you won't have much time. You can only apply up to two years after the date of graduation shown on your transcript.

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

What does cap has been filled means.If somebody who applied in 2010 has been asked to send medical.Does cap and such things have any impact on my application.

Thanks,
Trick

java218

Apr 3, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I do have a post-graduate work permit which will expire in 2013/11. I actually did consider the pilot program, but my impression is that you need to reside at BC to apply, which is a problem for me, and also the reason that I can't apply CEC. Please correct me if I am wrong..

asbereth said:
Hi java218, do you think this would be something that you can qualify for?

Do you have a post-graduate work-permit (which will be valid for 3 years from the date of graduation)? You do not actually need a job offer if you have graduated from a PhD program at an accepted BC post-secondary institution (and since Biology is one of the qualified fields). But you won't have much time. You can only apply up to two years after the date of graduation shown on your transcript.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trick said:
What does cap has been filled means.If somebody who applied in 2010 has been asked to send medical.Does cap and such things have any impact on my application.
There is only a cap on new applications. The caps were taken up in mid year 2010 and are reset on July 1st every year. When the cap is full for a certain profession for that year, the applications in that NOC that arrive after that time are returned to the applicant. Since your application was not returned, you have nothing to worry about.