+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW applicant can request Med Instruction at any time at their own risk?

dx79

Apr 18, 2011
I found below statement in IMM7023 "Applicants may, at any time, request that medical instructions be issued, and may undergo an immigration medical examination, at their own risk."

Is is true that CHC will make immediate response to such request and let FSW applicant undergo the medical examination?
Another question is, what is the specific risk it leads to?Is this request could considered otherwise drawbacks to my FSW case?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dx79 said:
I found below statement in IMM7023 "Applicants may, at any time, request that medical instructions be issued, and may undergo an immigration medical examination, at their own risk."

Is is true that CHC will make immediate response to such request and let FSW applicant undergo the medical examination?
Another question is, what is the specific risk it leads to?Is this request could considered otherwise drawbacks to my FSW case?
If you read Appendix C Medical instructions here is what it says"

Do not initiate any medical tests until you receive the medical form and instructions.
We will mail you instructions for the medical exam after assessing your application and making a positive selection decision. You will receive a medical form for you (and your family members if applicable), instructions for arranging medical exams and a list of doctors in your area who are authorized to conduct medical exams. You must make an appointment with the designated doctor of your choice in your area. Bring proper identification (passport or birth certificate) for each family member to the appointment.

dx79

Apr 18, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

If you read Appendix C Medical instructions here is what it says"

Do not initiate any medical tests until you receive the medical form and instructions.
We will mail you instructions for the medical exam after assessing your application and making a positive selection decision. You will receive a medical form for you (and your family members if applicable), instructions for arranging medical exams and a list of doctors in your area who are authorized to conduct medical exams. You must make an appointment with the designated doctor of your choice in your area. Bring proper identification (passport or birth certificate) for each family member to the appointment.
Indeed, I found no such words in <Visa Office Specific Instructions - Beijing>. It looks like different CHC have different descriptions on Medical exam...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dx79 said:
Indeed, I found no such words in <Visa Office Specific Instructions - Beijing>. It looks like different CHC have different descriptions on Medical exam...
From the Beijing specific instructions

Instructions for this examination will be provided after your application has been assessed by a Canadian
Visa officer.

After you receive the necessary medical forms, you and your family members must undergo the necessary
medical examinations with one of the doctors on the list of panel doctors, unless you and/or your family
members live in a country not included on this list. If you wish to have your medical examinations in a
country not included on this list, please inform us and we will ensure that you receive the appropriate
list.