+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW and CEC question

a860632231

Nov 2, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Hello, everyone. I have a question regarding the Express Entry (EE) programs. Allow me to provide some background information about myself:

• I hold a Bachelor's degree obtained outside of Canada, and I have three years of work experience in a Tier 1 position.
  • I've recently graduated from a post-secondary college with a two-year diploma and now hold a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
  • I also have a sibling who is already a Canadian citizen.
  • I've received a soft job offer.

I'm curious about whether it's possible for me to enter the Express Entry pool under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) stream and then, after gaining one year of Canadian work experience, switch to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream. Are there any potential downsides to this approach? I understand that my CEC score might be higher, but I'd like to enter the pool first and update my information later.

I appreciate anyone who can share their experiences or insights on this. Thank you so much.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, everyone. I have a question regarding the Express Entry (EE) programs. Allow me to provide some background information about myself:

• I hold a Bachelor's degree obtained outside of Canada, and I have three years of work experience in a Tier 1 position.
  • I've recently graduated from a post-secondary college with a two-year diploma and now hold a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
  • I also have a sibling who is already a Canadian citizen.
  • I've received a soft job offer.

I'm curious about whether it's possible for me to enter the Express Entry pool under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) stream and then, after gaining one year of Canadian work experience, switch to the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream. Are there any potential downsides to this approach? I understand that my CEC score might be higher, but I'd like to enter the pool first and update my information later.

I appreciate anyone who can share their experiences or insights on this. Thank you so much.
1. You would want an ECA for degree to count additional points for EE.
2. A job offer only gives you points if you have an approved LMIA from your employer proving no one in Canada can be hired.
3. You can enter the pool now if you are eligible with 67 for FSW.