App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
It is my understanding that language courses (in French or English) are offered for free to new immigrants (with funding through CIC's Ministry of Citizenship). I found only one adult education center in my area (Mississauga) that offers FSL, but not for free. Has anyone else run into this problem? OR does anyone know of French language courses for new immigrants in the greater Toronto area, preferably Mississauga? Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

AllisonVSC said:
It is my understanding that language courses (in French or English) are offered for free to new immigrants (with funding through CIC's Ministry of Citizenship). I found only one adult education center in my area (Mississauga) that offers FSL, but not for free. Has anyone else run into this problem? OR does anyone know of French language courses for new immigrants in the greater Toronto area, preferably Mississauga? Thanks
LINC classes are free for new Immigrants see: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/linc.shtml

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Thanks for the link, PMM. I have been there and used it to find "newcomer services in my area", but the LINC and immigrant services in my area only seem to provide English. The people I've talked to say it's because the Ontario is an English speaking province, but it seems to me if it is a federally funded program and the country has two official languages, I ought to be able to take French classes here too. I guess I could try the general inquiries number and see where that leads. Allison