from VISIT VISA to REFUGEE VISA-INQUIRY ASAP

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI!

I had my visit visa issued on November2011 and will expire on May 2012. I will be travelling this March, does anyone here knows if the maximum stay of 6months is only until May 2012 or the giving of that maximum 6 months stay will start on the day I arrive at the airport and stamped by the immigration officer?

And the most important question also, I have been persecuted in Saudi UNFAIRLY just because of Sharia Law and I fear of going back there as the officers told me they will open the case again and I will be slashed (have work visa there) but my home country is Philippines. Can I or am I eligible to apply for a refugee visa? I have no work in Philippines bu has work in Saudi but I don't want to go back to any of those countries as going back there is hell both ways. Can you guys advise me if it is wise to seek for humanitarian/refugee visa on the port of entry while being interviewed by the immigration officer?Or should I just go to the Canadian Embassy in Canada for an appeal/application?

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
ainex_francois said:
HI!

I had my visit visa issued on November2011 and will expire on May 2012. I will be travelling this March, does anyone here knows if the maximum stay of 6months is only until May 2012 or the giving of that maximum 6 months stay will start on the day I arrive at the airport and stamped by the immigration officer?

And the most important question also, I have been persecuted in Saudi UNFAIRLY just because of Sharia Law and I fear of going back there as the officers told me they will open the case again and I will be slashed (have work visa there) but my home country is Philippines. Can I or am I eligible to apply for a refugee visa? I have no work in Philippines bu has work in Saudi but I don't want to go back to any of those countries as going back there is hell both ways. Can you guys advise me if it is wise to seek for humanitarian/refugee visa on the port of entry while being interviewed by the immigration officer?Or should I just go to the Canadian Embassy in Canada for an appeal/application?
What difficulties you will have if going back to Philippines? I don't see any!

While I realize there are refugee claimants that should be provided protection, the vast majority of refugees try to get in Canada for economic reason and they try to make up a story to convince the judges.

I understand everyone deserves a better life in a better country, but don't you think just jumping the queue by applying for refugee protection would be a wise way to stay here legally? Just so you know the success rate for refugee claims is very low. Canada doesn't make it easy for queue jumpers and they have merchandise in place to stop the influx of fraud claimants.

Your criminal background in Saudi Arab may not be in your favor when you apply for PR.

T

torontonian999

ainex_francois said:
HI!

If you don't have a problem in your home country (Phillipines), then Canada will reject your case for asylum. And by problem I mean oppression due to your religious or political affiliation and things along those lines. If you don't have a job in Phillipines, then that doesn't make a legitimate case to seek refuge. Canada has already had enough bogus claims by "refugees", and it's a burden on taxpayers. And government has made it tough for people with made up stories to show them that they are not welcome here.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see. I will weigh it down. My case is not even a case, it just so happened that I was not wearing a scarf and got robbed, I, instead of the thief was the one who was put in jail which was totally against my human rights. And that is what I am so much crying about. I suffered injustice and unfair persecution. I read somewhere that people who were oppressed in their country of residence may be eligible for this visa. (maybe I just understood it wrongly) My hospital still wants me back there but I cannot since the police told me the case will be opened once I set foot there. Now I don't want to go in the Philippines anymore as I don't believe in its government system, plus, my representative asked for help when I was inside jail and they just asked for bribe money and said if I will not give, then they will ONLY SEE what they can do for my case after 30 days. Now who will be willing to stay in this kind of government?

Anyway, thanks guys for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Again, because you can return to the Philippines and the Philippines is your home country (not Saudi) - your situation is not a refugee case. You are not oppressed in your home country.

If you are interested in remaining in Canada long-term, you should apply through one of the immigration streams described here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Good luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are a nurse, perhaps you can look at the live-in caregiver program:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

goal80

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Your case is not refugee because you can go back to philipines and search for a job.
I advise you to apply for skilled worker if you want to live in Canada (Quebec or Federal)

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
ainex_francois said:
I see. I will weigh it down. My case is not even a case, it just so happened that I was not wearing a scarf and got robbed, I, instead of the thief was the one who was put in jail which was totally against my human rights. And that is what I am so much crying about. I suffered injustice and unfair persecution. I read somewhere that people who were oppressed in their country of residence may be eligible for this visa. (maybe I just understood it wrongly) My hospital still wants me back there but I cannot since the police told me the case will be opened once I set foot there. Now I don't want to go in the Philippines anymore as I don't believe in its government system, plus, my representative asked for help when I was inside jail and they just asked for bribe money and said if I will not give, then they will ONLY SEE what they can do for my case after 30 days. Now who will be willing to stay in this kind of government?

I see that you don't have life-threatening situation in the Phils, your disappointment in your government won't make a strong ground therefore your claim will most likely be rejected. Do not risk ruining your immigration records with Canada if you want to stay here.

As steaky suggests, you can always try other safer, easier routes than Refugee - Refugee has the highest rejection rate - 90% if I am not mistaken only 1 out of 10 can make it and their case must be proven very very hard.

Today, Minister of CIC has announced a lot tougher rules on refugee claims. If rejected, you will be sent back home within a couple months and you won't be able to apply for Work Permit while waiting for the hearing.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
ainex_francois said:

If you were a Saudi citizen, then perhaps you would have a case. I think you are confused here, refugee is based on country of citizenship, not residence.

If a citizen of Switzerland lives and works in Afghanistan and gets persecuted, they can't come to Canada or any other country and claim asylum, because they can return to their home land.

You are not a Saudi , you are a foreign worker in Saudi Arabia - if you are being persecuted in Saudi you can always return home.

Refugees are people who have no place to go besides their home land.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now I understand it clearly. :)

For now, I am just happy I got out of that prison by paying my freedom to the corrupt police officers which if I stayed for one week more in that cell, I will be convicted for 6 months plus 60 slashing for just being a girl and no legal crime at all.

So this March, I will be visiting Canada and will just take the exam and hopefully pass. BTW, last question, my passport has a visit visa valid on November 2011 until May 2012, am I only allowed to stay in Canada until that May 2012 or my stay in Canada will be determined by the immigration officer once I set foot in port of entry in the airport?

Thank you once again.

Humayun000

Feb 13, 2012
If u really want to stay in Canada then there is only one good way find a nice girl(life partner)and get marry with her file the case then they won't kick u out until u get ur decision.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainex_francois said:
So this March, I will be visiting Canada and will just take the exam and hopefully pass. BTW, last question, my passport has a visit visa valid on November 2011 until May 2012, am I only allowed to stay in Canada until that May 2012 or my stay in Canada will be determined by the immigration officer once I set foot in port of entry in the airport?

Thank you once again.
Yes your stay will be determined by the immigration officer at port of entry.

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Humayun000 said:
If u really want to stay in Canada then there is only one good way find a nice girl(life partner)and get marry with her file the case then they won't kick u out until u get ur decision.
unfortunately, i am a girl. but thank you once again for all your replies, for a clear view of my situation, here's a link of my blog which will tell the whole story of what happened.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fakoatakoparin.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F02%2Freal-story-why-i-didnt-come-home-on_22.html&h=bAQEuJ78VAQFdKKrzbhk7QE9-dg3QQaBH-Hbk4RoNjK1Bpg