+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From SA

MartJans

Dec 11, 2007
Hi All,

Does anyone here know what the average processing times are for South Africa. Just curious. How long does it take for them to receive the medicals. I have done everything upfront ie.. Did the medical and send all the paperwork with the sponsorship application. Any views will be much appreciated!

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi MartJans

It's almost impossible to give an accurate estimate as so much depends on the particulars in your individual application (completeness of application, if you've done military service, worked for the government, lived in a lot of different countries etc).

The CIC website gives an estimate of 4-13 months for Pretoria (note this time starts from when Pretoria receives your application, not when Mississauga starts processing) so if you think your application was fairly straightforward then maybe somewhere in the middle of that timeline.

As for the medicals, if you did them up front the results are probably already at the regional office and when Pretoria is ready to check them they can just download them from there. On the step-by-step diagram that I have for an outside application (it's for Australia but I imagine it's much the same), medicals and background checks are usually towards the end of the process but again, it depends on the Officer processing your application as to which order they do things.

Sorry I can't be of more help!