+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From PGWP to SOWP

nicha

Jun 20, 2024
My concern is my pgwp will be expiring soon but my husband who got a job offer with LMIA, is it possible for me to apply SOWP under my husbands close work permit?
Is there any option for me to continue working or apply for an extention so i can continue working while waiting for the approval of mu SOWP? I submitted an expreasion of interest under oinp full time job offer already can I use this option to apply for an extension just in case?
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My concern is my pgwp will be expiring soon but my husband who got a job offer with LMIA, is it possible for me to apply SOWP under my husbands close work permit?
Is there any option for me to continue working or apply for an extention so i can continue working while waiting for the approval of mu SOWP? I submitted an expreasion of interest under oinp full time job offer already can I use this option to apply for an extension just in case?
Thank you.
Right now it looks like your only option is to try for the SOWP.

You cannot extend the PGWP. You do not qualify for a BOWP based on submitting an expression of interest. You need to be nominated by the province to qualify.

nicha

Jun 20, 2024
Right now it looks like your only option is to try for the SOWP.

You cannot extend the PGWP. You do not qualify for a BOWP based on submitting an expression of interest. You need to be nominated by the province to qualify.
Thank you, I have a follow up question since I am already here in Canada with pgwp though its gonna be expiring soon, once sowp is applied can i continue working as an implied status does it apply in my case since I am a holder of current pgwp?
Thanks you.