+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From low skill to skill worker

CABETO

Mar 17, 2009
Hi guys,
I am a low skill temporary worker and I have an offer to become a skill worker, the prospective employer has already an open LMO.
The question is whether or not I can include my family to become temporary residents at the same time I aply for the new work permit, or if there is a different procedure.
The path I have in mind is to get a skill position and hold it until I become elegible to apply under CEC.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
your wife/husband can come to canada too under "her" work permit but not your work permit..as to your children..ur journey has just began..for CEC..goodluck!!

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
CABETO said:
Hi guys,
I am a low skill temporary worker and I have an offer to become a skill worker, the prospective employer has already an open LMO.
The question is whether or not I can include my family to become temporary residents at the same time I aply for the new work permit, or if there is a different procedure.
The path I have in mind is to get a skill position and hold it until I become elegible to apply under CEC.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello! What country are you from? If you got a skilled job (NOC A, O or B), then your spouse and dependent children qualify for Open Work Permit (spouse) /Student Visa - Dependent (for school age children). I think it would be best if you apply first then let your family apply once you got hold of your new WP or while it's on process. You can be with them and at the same time working full time for two years and take IELTS to qualify for CEC... Good luck...

CABETO

Mar 17, 2009
Thanks guys, I am from Mexico and I am trying to get a management position in the food industry field, years of experience as a district manager in the restaurant business and one and a half year working in canada as low skill worker.
After sending only 7 resumes, got four calls from prospective employers, they want to see me for interviews and already expressed willingnes to go for the LMO if we reach an agreement.

Thanks for the information.

canada124

Nov 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I am working in marine industry as a field service engineer. 4 years experience.

My job duties are as follow:
Installation, commissioning, troubleshooting of low voltage system (such as: motor control center, variable speed drive, SCR Drives, switch gear, AC/ DC motors and transformers) on vessel.
The problem is my title is field service engineer not industrial electrician. But base on my job duties, I think my working experience is similar to the description of electrician in NOC.

Am I eligible for the the skilled worker immigration by this experience?

Thanks.