+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fresh thread to discuss LPP Complete but Citizenship Ceremony Not Started

Fasttrack

Nov 7, 2023
Hi Guys, Those who have everything completed and waiting for Oath, lets create a group on "X" and start posting the progress and # IRCC and News channels. If we all do this together may be they will speed up. Use the power of social media positively.

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Hi Guys, Those who have everything completed and waiting for Oath, lets create a group on "X" and start posting the progress and # IRCC and News channels. If we all do this together may be they will speed up. Use the power of social media positively.
I would like to be supportive here. but as far as I understand IRCC doesn't act like they give a shit.Pls shared it here that I can follow you.

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi my LPP completed on March 08 and since then waiting for Oath letter. Its over month now and there is no update in my application.
I called 2 times to IRCC and they are telling there is no issue with my application. Does anyone faced same situation. What should I do in this case.

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi Folks,

I noticed a lot of people on each monthly thread discussing the fact that their LPPs are complete but they haven't yet received their oath invites or their trackers don't currently show the ceremony process as started. The last thread for this discussion was from the 2020s where oath invite delays were largely due to:
  • Covid related complications
  • Covid related staffing
  • Federal workers' strike
which kinda sorta made sense. For the more recent applications like mine, the reason seems to be rather cryptic. So I decided to create a fresh thread for this discussion and to share information.

My details copy pasted from the tracker

Office: SCR (most likely from test invite)
Physical Presence: 1105
  • June 10, 2023: Ghost update
  • Jun 8, 2023
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 8, 2023
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 8, 2023
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 7, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 3, 2023
    Scheduled for citizenship test
  • Feb 24, 2023
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Jan 26, 2023
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 25, 2023
    Fingerprint results: Received
  • Jan 10, 2023
    Fingerprints required
  • Aug 30, 2022
    Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Since June 10th I've received nada, citizenship ceremony is still marked as Not Started. I've asked for GCMS notes via an ATIP request yesterday, don't quite know when thats gonna happen.

Funnily enough, my partner applied for citizenship a month before me, they had their LPP process around the same time as me but received the oath invite the next day and already has their passport now. Not quite sure what went wrong between theirs and my applications.
Did you get your Oath invitation. Can you please share your status. I am also facing the same situation. My all status completed and then there is no update on my application from more than 1 months. Still waiting for Oath letter.

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
I just got My ATIP docs and it shows that my file in Scarborough Office -LPP Completed Dec 20th 2023.
Notes 1. Routine File Review
Label: Geneal
updated: 12-20-2023
Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operation
Location: E GRANT DF? What is this and seems like so many people are stuck in this black hole.
Anyone in the similar situation who received the oath invite and what was the time period. So far i waiting for 3 months

Thank you
Hi @Fasttrack did you get your Oath invitation. Can you please help to advise steps which you took to get invitation. I am also in same situation and checking if you receive further update on your application.

jaganv117

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hi my LPP completed on March 08 and since then waiting for Oath letter. Its over month now and there is no update in my application.
I called 2 times to IRCC and they are telling there is no issue with my application. Does anyone faced same situation. What should I do in this case.
Same boat. March 9. I guess the only thing we can do is wait. Not much will help unless your application has been beyond 14 months in progress.