+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Format for proof of funds

Melvyn2007

Jan 23, 2007
Hello,

I have a few questions.

I have been asked by the New Delhi Visa office to produce police clearance certificate, proof of funds and do a medical examination.

Regarding the proof of funds, I am able to provide a) Bank fixed deposits, b) Government issued National Savings Certificates c) Employers Provident Fund Statement.

i) Do I send originals or photocopies.

ii) If photocopies, is it okay if it is attested by a Notary Public or should the photocopies only be attested by the Manager of the Bank in case of the Bank fixed deposits?

iii) How do I attest National Savings Certificates(issued through agents / Post Offices) / Employers Provident Fund Statement (from employer)?

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Melvyn2007 said:
Hello,

I have a few questions.

I have been asked by the New Delhi Visa office to produce police clearance certificate, proof of funds and do a medical examination.

Regarding the proof of funds, I am able to provide a) Bank fixed deposits, b) Government issued National Savings Certificates c) Employers Provident Fund Statement.

i) Do I send originals or photocopies.

Photocopies.

ii) If photocopies, is it okay if it is attested by a Notary Public or should the photocopies only be attested by the Manager of the Bank in case of the Bank fixed deposits?

Attestation from Bank Manager with Bank Seal on the photocopy is fine. Don't the bank managers over there have notary public commissions? (In the U.S., there is at least one bank branch official with a notary public commission). Anyway, the bank seal and the manager's signature is fine.

iii) How do I attest National Savings Certificates(issued through agents / Post Offices) / Employers Provident Fund Statement (from employer)?

Copy the National Savings Certificates and have them attested by a Notary Public as true copies.

You can also have a Notary Public notarize a copy of the Employer Provident Fund Statement (EPFS), or if your employer has a seal, you can have your employer certify the copy for you.

Any help would be welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Melvyn2007

Jan 23, 2007
Your quick reply was simply amazing!

In India to the best of my knowledge, the bank managers do not have notary public commissions.

Your reply was very thorough and all my points were answered.

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.