+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM 1344 - application to sponsor

JPCF9

Nov 12, 2021
Hi All, hoping you can help me out. My spouse who's Canadian is applying to sponsor me. She's a naturalised citizen, and the form requires date she obtained the status as well as the UCI/Client ID number. She has a citizenship card which shows just the year of 1999 which is when she obtained it. The number on the card is just a 7 digit number, which I don't think is the UCI number? If any one can advise on what to input in the date and UCI number fields, that would be much appreciated!

additional info: she does not have a citizenship certificate, my understanding these were not issued before 2012?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi All, hoping you can help me out. My spouse who's Canadian is applying to sponsor me. She's a naturalised citizen, and the form requires date she obtained the status as well as the UCI/Client ID number. She has a citizenship card which shows just the year of 1999 which is when she obtained it. The number on the card is just a 7 digit number, which I don't think is the UCI number? If any one can advise on what to input in the date and UCI number fields, that would be much appreciated!

additional info: she does not have a citizenship certificate, my understanding these were not issued before 2012?
If she doesn't remember the date maybe she can ask her parents? (Assuming she was a minor back then). If not just try calling IRCC and ask for both the date and the UCI.

If you can't find it just leave it blank and include a short explanation to IRCC. Many people don't have a UCI until their first correspondence with IRCC. (I think UCI's weren't a thing before 2002).

Reactions: JPCF9

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If she doesn't remember the date maybe she can ask her parents? (Assuming she was a minor back then). If not just try calling IRCC and ask for both the date and the UCI.

If you can't find it just leave it blank and include a short explanation to IRCC. Many people don't have a UCI until their first correspondence with IRCC. (I think UCI's weren't a thing before 2002).
I did the second option when I filled in the sponsorship as co-signer for my MIL. I put the estimated month and put 1st as the date. Then wrote an expliantion letter.

My parents do not remember the exact date. They really should know... well...

If OP's parents took any picture during the ceremony, some photos were printed with a date. May be that will give a clue.

Reactions: JPCF9