+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM-0008 - Update the generic application to add spouse in my Express Entry Application after AOR

Knoxxavier

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi,

My AOR for Express Entry application for FSW-O is Sep 4 2020. I got married in June'2021 ( 9 months after AOR) and updated IRCC for the same. They have sent a request of documents for me to submit where the first one is the Form IMM-0008 - Generic Application profile.

Now as I have already applied via express entry, how do I go on about adding my spouse to this ?

Do I file under 1.Family Program - 2. Spouse Category with my wife as the principal applicant (with no dependents)
or Should I file under Express Entry (which I have already applied for) as a principal Applicant and add my wife as a dependent. The confusing part is that when I try to add my wife as a dependent , it's asking for a dependent type A,B,C in the Dependents Section which I feel is for child dependency only based on the IRCC.ca website. Any help regarding this would be helpful as I am scratching my head around with this.

Thanks