+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to enter Middle name at time of booking air tickets

mthakurwani

Apr 16, 2015
Hello friends, I need some suggestions/advise from your past experiences if you had any. My mother is a widow.My mother will travel on visitor visa to canada. I forgot to enter the middle name at the time of booking airtickets for my mother. The flights are Jet airways from india to canada and its Air India from Canada to India. I booked myself through Cleartrip. As per the talk with Jet, I think they would be lenient towards the issue but Air India is totally hesitating to add any remark in the itenerary, they are asking me to cancel and rebook the tickets.

Has anyone ever travelled to canada from india with middle name in their passports, but no middle name in the air ticket? If so, were there any issues at the airports during boarding?

Your help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello friends, I need some suggestions/advise from your past experiences if you had any. My mother is a widow.My mother will travel on visitor visa to canada. I forgot to enter the middle name at the time of booking airtickets for my mother. The flights are Jet airways from india to canada and its Air India from Canada to India. I booked myself through Cleartrip. As per the talk with Jet, I think they would be lenient towards the issue but Air India is totally hesitating to add any remark in the itenerary, they are asking me to cancel and rebook the tickets.

Has anyone ever travelled to canada from india with middle name in their passports, but no middle name in the air ticket? If so, were there any issues at the airports during boarding?

Your help would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Personally, I have never included my middle name while booking tickets and I've not faced problems in getting boarding passes with Jet Airways or Air India.

If Air India still insists then your mom can have her middle name included by pen at the Check-in desk. Or better still, fly another airline

Reactions: mthakurwani

mthakurwani

Apr 16, 2015
Personally, I have never included my middle name while booking tickets and I've not faced problems in getting boarding passes with Jet Airways or Air India.

If Air India still insists then your mom can have her middle name included by pen at the Check-in desk. Or better still, fly another airline

Thank you for your reply . One question though, Do you fly in Jet or Air-India to Canada? Can my mother submit any affidavit/notary regarding the middle name miss in the airticket booking process?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have flown Jet Airways many times. No problems. I have avoided Air India ever since I had a bad experience flying with my sibling when we were young children. But then that's my personal choice.

The airline will check the name in her passport. An affidavit is not required

mthakurwani

Apr 16, 2015
Thanks again for your prompt reply. The only worry i have is with Air India. I don't know what to do? You said that you travelled in Air India without mentioning the middle name, right?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks again for your prompt reply. The only worry i have is with Air India. I don't know what to do? You said that you travelled in Air India without mentioning the middle name, right?
I cannot remember when I've included my middle name while booking air tickets.

Air India has code sharing with Air Canada. So, do check if (for example) your mom has a AC flight from YYZ to LHR... and then the LHR-BOM/DEL by AI. In this case, she will get boarding passes (and the middle name will not matter)

Last edited:

mthakurwani

Apr 16, 2015
You are simply super fast in your replies, Thanks again.Yes you are right, its Air Canada from YYZ to LHR and Air India from LHR to Ahmedabad. So in this case, should i contact Air Canada instead of breaking my head with Air India?

p_ulkit11

Aug 9, 2017
Hey @bellaluna and Original Poster, please tell me your outcome if possible. I have booked BOM - YYZ of Jet Airways and did not include my middle name [ 2nd part of Given name as per passport] would i be allowed to board the flight?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hey @bellaluna and Original Poster, please tell me your outcome if possible. I have booked BOM - YYZ of Jet Airways and did not include my middle name [ 2nd part of Given name as per passport] would i be allowed to board the flight?
Yes.

I fly without my middle name all the time, no worries.