+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to attach a translated Birth certificate document

gandyer

Dec 19, 2017
Hi,

After submitting my PR application on receiving ITA, I found to my horror that I missed uploading the Certified English translation of my birth certificate (which was in my native tongue). I contacted one online English translation service and got the translation done with an affidavit. When I took it to notarize it, the notary public & advocate said it is not enough and that I need an English translation from himself. He did the translation and gave me all the notary signs and also made me to do a sworn affidavit to support it. Finally, I just attached the original birth certificate, a notarized copy of birth certificate, his(notary public's) English translated copy. Will that be enough? Or should I have uploaded the online translated services' translation as well? Is my application full or incomplete? What would be done if they find my application not full in terms of birth certificate document? Will they ask for more documents to be submitted? Or they will reject my application on the basis of incompleteness?

Kindly advise me in this regard. Thanks.