+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOREIGN WORKER WANTING TO BRING HIS FAMILY TO CANADA

Jun 7, 2009
I am already in Canada with Work Permit, I want to bring my family to Canada (wife a little son of 2 years old), what is the best procedure to have them with me?, what are the fees?

Thanks a lot in advance for your response.

Antonio Roman

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Antonio,

Your wife and child can apply for TRV.

If your NOC level is 0, A, or B, your wife can apply for an Open Work Permit.

Hope this help.

Jun 7, 2009
Thanks babycakes for your quick response.

Another last question, I have clear my wife must apply for a multiple entries visa if she wants to apply for WP, but what about my 2 years old baby? can he apply for single entry visa and save CAD 75?

Again, thanks in an advance for your response.

Antonio

babycakes said:
Hi Antonio,

Your wife and child can apply for TRV.

If your NOC level is 0, A, or B, your wife can apply for an Open Work Permit.

Hope this help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that if your wife needs a TRV, she can not apply for a spousal work permit when she enters Canada, she needs to apply once she's inside. I believe she can use this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp to apply for a work permit. At the top, you can check the box for work permit and in section 10 she can say she requests an open work permit as the spouse of a TFW. Attach a copy of your work permit to the application.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I believe that if your wife needs a TRV, she can not apply for a spousal work permit when she enters Canada, she needs to apply once she's inside.  I believe she can use this form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp to apply for a work permit.  At the top, you can check the box for work permit and in section 10 she can say she requests an open work permit as the spouse of a TFW.  Attach a copy of your work permit to the application.
1.  She needs the TRV, but she can apply for an open work permit on entry or at the same time she applies for the TRV, IF her spouse's work permit is NOC A,B. or O.

PMM

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi PMM,

Can his wife apply at the port of entry even though they are NOT from a visa-exempt country? I am just assuming that they are not from a visa-exempt country.

Antonio,

Are you a Filipino?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-eligible.asp you can only apply for a work permit as you enter Canada if you are visa exempt but whatever, it's all worth a try. Ask the embassy when she applies for a TRV if she can apply for a work permit at the same time. If she can, then it saves time. If she can't, have her ask when she enters Canada if she can apply for it then. If she can, cool, if not, apply for it when she has arrived.