+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience

TennisCoach

Sep 13, 2023
Hello,
I am on my PGWP and going to make express entry profile. I have a question.
I didn't show my foreign work experience when applying for study visa as my consultant denied putting. It was my full-time permanent job. Can I add that experience now while creating my EE profile to get extra points? As my current jobs NOC and past job NOC (foreign work) is same.
Let me know.

canadasj

Star Member
Sep 29, 2023
Hi @TennisCoach

I believe it was the wrong advice from your consultant. Was it an IRCC-registered consultant? Do you have any proof of communication where you provided all the details, but the consultant advised you to remove the details from your Study permit application? Was this application submitted by your consultant or did you submit it from your account?

You are already at risk of misinterpretation since you did not declare your work history in your study permit application. In the PR application, once you get an invite, you need to provide personal history for the last 10 years which includes work, education, not working, etc. even if you don't include it in the work history section for the points.

I highly recommend you consult an IRCC-registered experienced Immigration Lawyer for your application.