+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience

denuka

Jul 8, 2019
Hi helpful members

I am going to apply through CEC and I’m on Lmia based work permit and initially came as an international student.

I have 3 years and 1 months foreign work experience but when I apply for student visa and work permit I showed only 2 year and 10 months
Of work experiences. I did not show my 3 months experience as it is just 3 months in a company. Now I want to claim full points for foreign experience.
when I apply for PR can I include that 3 month’s experience too that I did not show when apply for student visa and work permit? would it be a problem if I show it now?

ThankS

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi helpful members

I am going to apply through CEC and I’m on Lmia based work permit and initially came as an international student.

I have 3 years and 1 months foreign work experience but when I apply for student visa and work permit I showed only 2 year and 10 months
Of work experiences. I did not show my 3 months experience as it is just 3 months in a company. Now I want to claim full points for foreign experience.
when I apply for PR can I include that 3 month’s experience too that I did not show when apply for student visa and work permit? would it be a problem if I show it now?

ThankS
you can only claim points for work that you did at least 1 year or more if its foreign