katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I want to apply under CEC as soon as I get my ECA. I was calculating my score with the CRS tool and I'm a bit confused about the number of years of foreign work experience I should put in.
The tool states that the foreign work experience has to be in one occupation. I don't know how to interpret this criteria.
Right now I'm working under NOC 2171 -IT business analyst and my foreign work experience in the same occupation is of 2 years. Obviously I'll apply under this NOC code for CEC but I also have more than 3 years of foreign work experience under 2 other NOC codes (accountant and audit assistant).Should I declare these years too,or only the years that are compatible with my current NOC code?

My other question refers to the extension of my current work permit which expires in November this year. I am working as an intra-company transferee and my work permit is LMO exempt. In case my employer applies for an extension,will they be required an LMO? I read the relevant section on CIC but there's no word about LMO. The immigration consultant I asked about this said that I'll be required an LMO, hence my confusion.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Katalin

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
Hi everyone,
I want to apply under CEC as soon as I get my ECA. I was calculating my score with the CRS tool and I'm a bit confused about the number of years of foreign work experience I should put in.
The tool states that the foreign work experience has to be in one occupation. I don't know how to interpret this criteria.
Right now I'm working under NOC 2171 -IT business analyst and my foreign work experience in the same occupation is of 2 years. Obviously I'll apply under this NOC code for CEC but I also have more than 3 years of foreign work experience under 2 other NOC codes (accountant and audit assistant).Should I declare these years too,or only the years that are compatible with my current NOC code?
You can declare any work experience with any NOC code irrespective of your current job. But chances are you will get ITA under FSW. So be prepared to submit the necessary docs for all the work exp you input.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
My other question refers to the extension of my current work permit which expires in November this year. I am working as an intra-company transferee and my work permit is LMO exempt. In case my employer applies for an extension,will they be required an LMO? I read the relevant section on CIC but there's no word about LMO. The immigration consultant I asked about this said that I'll be required an LMO, hence my confusion.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Katalin
Yes your employer needs to apply for LMIA in order to extend your permit. This link will provide you guidance, how your employer can apply for LMIA. Good luck.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/scc.shtml?_ga=1.140655291.861702648.1420986524

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
You can declare any work experience with any NOC code irrespective of your current job. But chances are you will get ITA under FSW. So be prepared to submit the necessary docs for all the work exp you input.
Just to add if you get positive LMIA, I would advise do not declare work exp outside Canada as there is a lot of hassle in FSW and nevertheless you will get ITA regardless as you would have LMIA.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi John,
Thanks for the advices,I'll try to persuade my employer to get me an LMIA.
Best of luck to you too.
Katalin