+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work experience job title relevance?

Zx12345

Dec 29, 2020
I have worked as a "software engineer jr." for a small consulting firm back in India and want to use it to claim points in express entry. To my knowledge, the title of "software engineer" in Canada is regulated and requires licensing to use the title. my title's job roles and responsibilities match with the NOC code "21232-software developers and programmers" and I just want to know if I could actually use it for my EE profile. I just don't know if IRCC would be fine with the title my previous company used.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have worked as a "software engineer jr." for a small consulting firm back in India and want to use it to claim points in express entry. To my knowledge, the title of "software engineer" in Canada is regulated and requires licensing to use the title. my title's job roles and responsibilities match with the NOC code "21232-software developers and programmers" and I just want to know if I could actually use it for my EE profile. I just don't know if IRCC would be fine with the title my previous company used.
Job title doesn’t matter. It is your duties that must match the NOC.