+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience gained while working full-time

Robertluong

Jan 29, 2024
Hi everyone, I am about to be eligible to create the Express Entry profile. I have one question relating to the foreign work experience that I gained as a freelancer (same NOC with my full-time job and bachelor degree) for Australia company while working full-time (30+ hours/week) in Canada. According to the official website, "Part-time work experience: We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week. "

Does this mean all of my freelance work experience that I gained while working full time won't be counted toward: "foreign skilled work experience" to gain extra points?

Thank you for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone, I am about to be eligible to create the Express Entry profile. I have one question relating to the foreign work experience that I gained as a freelancer (same NOC with my full-time job and bachelor degree) for Australia company while working full-time (30+ hours/week) in Canada. According to the official website, "Part-time work experience: We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week. "

Does this mean all of my freelance work experience that I gained while working full time won't be counted toward: "foreign skilled work experience" to gain extra points?

Thank you for your help.
That's right. You can't get credit twice for the same period.

Reactions: Robertluong