+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience for Express Entry

sapatel93

Mar 8, 2015
Hi,
I am showing my foreign work experience in my EE profile, whereas, when I was applying for Study permit my immigration lawyer told me it is not important to show my 1 year of previous work experience in the study permit application, so he did not mention it in the study permit application, and that's why I also did not mention it in the application of post-graduation work permit, But, now I am creating my EE profile and I found that my foreign work experience adds some points in my profile, So, should I mention this in the EE profile or not? I have Job Reference Letter and Salary Certificate from the employer.
If yes, then what should I explain the reason for not showing this experience in previous applications?

All the suggestions would be really appreciated.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi,
I am showing my foreign work experience in my EE profile, whereas, when I was applying for Study permit my immigration lawyer told me it is not important to show my 1 year of previous work experience in the study permit application, so he did not mention it in the study permit application, and that's why I also did not mention it in the application of post-graduation work permit, But, now I am creating my EE profile and I found that my foreign work experience adds some points in my profile, So, should I mention this in the EE profile or not? I have Job Reference Letter and Salary Certificate from the employer.
If yes, then what should I explain the reason for not showing this experience in previous applications?

Were you asked about work experience in your previous student visa application? If there was a section where you had to provide personal history information that included things like employment, then you must have provided that information accurately.

If so, then it may be considered as misinterpretation since you will be changing what you said before.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

If you add it now, while you had not added it before, it may or may not be counted as misrepresentation, it would depend on the fine judgement of the officer handling your case. If I were you, I wouldn't use it, I wouldn't take the risk of misrepresentation.