+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience - Express Entry

srdto1012

Dec 9, 2019
Hello all,

I have a very important question to ask regarding Foreign Work Experience. Back in 2017, when I applied for study permit to come to Canada, I did not show the work experience I had along with my masters in India on the application. The same goes while I applied for my work permit in Canada.

Now 3 days back, I applied for Express Entry and came to know that it is beneficial to add the foreign work experience in order to qualify at a higher score (otherwise not possible with just Canadian exp). Hence, I am just wanting to check and get recommendations of all that is it fair enough to continue?

I have all my official pay stubs, experience letter as well as whatever they need for me to prove that I actually worked back there in India.

Please let me know. Much important and any honest recommendations would be much appreciated. Many thanks!!

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hello all,

I have a very important question to ask regarding Foreign Work Experience. Back in 2017, when I applied for study permit to come to Canada, I did not show the work experience I had along with my masters in India on the application. The same goes while I applied for my work permit in Canada.

Now 3 days back, I applied for Express Entry and came to know that it is beneficial to add the foreign work experience in order to qualify at a higher score (otherwise not possible with just Canadian exp). Hence, I am just wanting to check and get recommendations of all that is it fair enough to continue?

I have all my official pay stubs, experience letter as well as whatever they need for me to prove that I actually worked back there in India.

Please let me know. Much important and any honest recommendations would be much appreciated. Many thanks!!
reference letter is needed and everything else comes under supporting docs, you need the reference letter for your home country work experience

Esobti

Feb 13, 2020
Hi have you applied for permanent residence?i am also in the same boat . Please reply and suggest something. Immigration consultants are not in favour of applying for PR without any notification to cic in the first application when applied for student visa.
Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi have you applied for permanent residence?i am also in the same boat . Please reply and suggest something. Immigration consultants are not in favour of applying for PR without any notification to cic in the first application when applied for student visa.
Thanks
If you didn't show work experience on study permit that doesn't mean you don't show work experience on PR application. That's not a choice. You are required to disclose full information by law. You are trying to immigrate to a country you need to give them full information. If you choose not to claim points for the work experience you can put in personal history post ITA. If you want to claim points you show it in work history and submit a work reference letter accoridng to IRCC guidelines.

Also, if your consultants couldn't tell you this you are better off without consultants. You will be wasting your money.