+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience coming up as 0?

Knel

Oct 6, 2014
So I am going through the express entry again, and I am filling out the form, and it looks like everything is pretty much the same as before.

But, now the Foreign Work Experience is coming up as 0

CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 0

Any idea's? it is the same NOC code, and before it was coming up as 38!, does it take a day or two to process the form for some reason? I tried clicking the help button but no dice, gah.

Edit: NOC Code is 2171 which is Skill Level A, CELPIP everything above 7, so I believe that means that I qualify for CLB 7

Knel

Oct 6, 2014
Trying to add as much info here as possible, the work experience started outside the 10 year window, but there is still well over a two years of work experience.

I updated it so the dates were within the last 10 years (just to test) and that didn't change any values, so I really don't know whats going on.

I am emailing the CIC right now to see if there is anything else that I am missing, but that will take another 5 days so, kinda hoping someone has some ideas lol :\

Knel

Oct 6, 2014
Ah, was wondering if it was a 'patience is a virtue' thing.

Thank you, ;)

Edit: Sorry, sure you all get asked this all the time, sure its in the faq, in my stress (had to resubmit) I no doubt missed it, frustrating, sorry for that lol.

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It takes atleast 24 hrs to update new info..posted..in EE

Knel

Oct 6, 2014
Well, seems I'm one of the lucky ones, it just updated to the correct score, usually in home brew forums that I frequent the saying is Keep Calm and have a Beer, I guess I shoulda done that instead of panic panic panic ;)

Cheers y'all!

Knel

Oct 6, 2014
Unfortunately 458, so there is a chance (high?) that I wont make it next draw, however if two come relatively close to each other I have a chance of it going down again.

Obviously with the draw not happening tonight it lowers the chance, but I just wanted the stuff done in time if there was a draw! Got thru with 463 before but failed for not supplying criminal record (grr did it wrong, will put it in the other thread when I get less angry about it). However in hindsight woulda failed anyway due to mismatch in initial application and final application (can't get references for jobs as no longer in contact with the people!, they no longer work there so wouldn't be able to get official letter heads etc etc).

So, its probably a good thing, at the same time, frustrated.

Edit: there are a few things I can do to get it higher, but of course that means spending more and more $$.. which is the debate the misses and I are having for that few extra 10 - 20 points we may get,.. Is it worth it? do we care anymore? (obviously we do, but you know, there's a point where going home doesn't seem so bad for us)

Am11

Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Knel said:
Unfortunately 458, so there is a chance (high?) that I wont make it next draw, however if two come relatively close to each other I have a chance of it going down again.

Obviously with the draw not happening tonight it lowers the chance, but I just wanted the stuff done in time if there was a draw! Got thru with 463 before but failed for not supplying criminal record (grr did it wrong, will put it in the other thread when I get less angry about it). However in hindsight woulda failed anyway due to mismatch in initial application and final application (can't get references for jobs as no longer in contact with the people!, they no longer work there so wouldn't be able to get official letter heads etc etc).

So, its probably a good thing, at the same time, frustrated.

Edit: there are a few things I can do to get it higher, but of course that means spending more and more $$.. which is the debate the misses and I are having for that few extra 10 - 20 points we may get,.. Is it worth it? do we care anymore? (obviously we do, but you know, there's a point where going home doesn't seem so bad for us)
hopefully you will get ITA 458 is not bad either...And thanks for sharing your points...Good luck ...hopr for the best..