+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Freelance Experience Under CEC

lipehennig

Oct 22, 2023
Hi, my situation is as follow:

I'm about to reach my 1 years Canadian experience in February, and will create my express entry profile right away.
The thing is, since mid last year I have been doing continuous freelance work at my dad's company and should be reaching the 1 year in July if nothing bad happen(my average weekly hours would be somewhere between 30-40).
I was paid by service, first was 3 months long and I got paid as a whole on the 4th, etc...
Both of those work experiences were skilled work and only the foreign one was freelance. They are both under different NOCs
I have all the payslips, bank statements and the contracts.
And the persons signing would be his partner, because it's standard in their business for the other to deal with the one's family for transparency. (I could even write in the LOE explaining that)

Will it count for the extra points in CEC?

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
The only problem I see, is you explaining how you have 2 full time jobs. If you have the contract, payslips and other documentation for your employment overseas, then IRCC will consider it. You have to be clear when you are telling this story and the documents presented should support it.