+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign experience valid/proof

remark_org

Sep 7, 2024
Hi all, Good day. To start with, i have a whole year of internship experience as a junior android developer back in 2020. And on my study permit i do have mentioned the job and start date but not end date because it was running at the moment. Now, on my pgwp i didn't mention it because there was no space as i remember that all sections were filled with whatever job i did in Canada and also i didnt had the concept of neither express entry and foreign work experience points for it. Since i have mentioned this job on my study permit back in early 2020 as current job and i came to canada in 2021 jan,

Thus i have only 2 questions

1. Will this be safely counted as a valid claim for foreign experience point on my express entry ? (nowadays so many people are trying to claim fake exp even when they didn't mention any experience on their initial study permit) however mine has a record of it in my study permit

2.I dont have any other proof other than the experience letter which my ceo of the small company i worked for is willing to provide with whatever details needed as per ircc requirements. Will this be enough as i was paid in cash? our country didnt had the concept of salary and payslips back then.

yasw

Aug 22, 2019
Hi all, Good day. To start with, i have a whole year of internship experience as a junior android developer back in 2020. And on my study permit i do have mentioned the job and start date but not end date because it was running at the moment. Now, on my pgwp i didn't mention it because there was no space as i remember that all sections were filled with whatever job i did in Canada and also i didnt had the concept of neither express entry and foreign work experience points for it. Since i have mentioned this job on my study permit back in early 2020 as current job and i came to canada in 2021 jan,

Thus i have only 2 questions

1. Will this be safely counted as a valid claim for foreign experience point on my express entry ? (nowadays so many people are trying to claim fake exp even when they didn't mention any experience on their initial study permit) however mine has a record of it in my study permit

2.I dont have any other proof other than the experience letter which my ceo of the small company i worked for is willing to provide with whatever details needed as per ircc requirements. Will this be enough as i was paid in cash? our country didnt had the concept of salary and payslips back then.
Hi, I am not an expert by all means, I'll just share what my immigration consultant told me with regard to my foreign work experience. I was also paid in cash, so what we focused on was to get the letter of experience outline/requirements all met, we included all contact details of my work place. He mentioned that it is understandable that in some countries people get paid cash and that officers are aware of that. Also, he mentioned that this isn't the case with my Canadian work experience. I had to provide paystubs, letter of employment, T4 and notice of assessment (CRA) when possible.
Side note: My application is still being processed so I can't claim it worked out and I had no issues :D