+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign experience not adding up before dropping the express entry.

Vineshgaddam

Aug 11, 2020
Hi friends, Please help if anyone knows whats going on.

I got the invitation on september 17, My points were 474, the cut-off was 472.

I took some time to gather all the documents for dropping the express entry, I just filled all the questionnaire again, when i clicked the option preview my score, i only have 436 points, I have 38 points for foreign experience, but not anymore, i have 0 points for foreign experience, Obviously i called ircc about 5 times, i was on hold for about 30 minutes and was disconnected. I dont understand why my foreign experience is not giving me points anymore, I had them when i got the invitation, but not anymore. Please help, Thankyou.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Seems like your experience is not within the last 10 years, hence you are no longer able to claim points for it

Vineshgaddam

Aug 11, 2020
The work experience must be in your primary NOC and in the last 10 years, i.e. from November 2010 to November 2020. November 2010 until September 2011 is less than one year, so it doesn't count. It was one year in September when you got the ITA that's why you got the points before, but it's not enough at the time of AOR.

i worked for the same company for 4 months, from 2013 april to july, thats when i got my canada visa and left the job, while creating the profile i did not added this, can i update that now? and thankyou.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i worked for the same company for 4 months, from 2013 april to july, thats when i got my canada visa and left the job, while creating the profile i did not added this, can i update that now? and thankyou.
To be eligible for FSW, you need one year continuous skilled experience. You don’t have this so adding 4 months is of no benefit. This will not give you any additional points if you aren’t eligible.

Last edited:

Vineshgaddam

Aug 11, 2020
No, it must have been continuous. Do you have experience in a different NOC for over a year since 2011? If yes, just apply with a different NOC as primary.
Thankyou, I dont know if this is alright to do so, i just tried adding up that 4 extra months, points came to 474 again, but this was not added before as i mentioned earlier. can i add extra documents that i did not mentioned while creating profile?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou, I dont know if this is alright to do so, i just tried adding up that 4 extra months, points came to 474 again, but this was not added before as i mentioned earlier. can i add extra documents that i did not mentioned while creating profile?
You can’t add 4 months as you have to have one year continuous experience. Your application will be refused.

Reactions: fsw_hk