06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hello to all,

I've been reading a lot of threads regarding the LMIA. I understand it is difficult to get one; I'm in the same boat as all of you. I just want to inform you of my experiences with the CIC.

Getting an LMIA from shady sources might get you 600 points but remember, when you apply for your Citizenship in the future, you'll have to provide documents and history for the last 10 years.

Long story short, getting an LMIA through friends and family could help now, but when you have to provide documents for citizenship and your story doesn't match your documents, CIC could refuse your application for citizenship.

Do things by the book. It will be a bit of a struggle but in the long run it is always beneficial.

Don't trust lawyers and shady personal promising things. It always ends badly. All the information is online. I've been scared a lot by lawyers saying that applying alone always ends up in a refusal from the CIC. Allhamdulillah, that's never been the case for me. As long as you are truthful and provide all your documents, CIC will process your application with integrity.

When you are dealing with lawyers, always get things in writing and signed by the lawyer. Trust me when I say, if you argue with them over anything, YOU WILL BE ON THE LOSING SIDE!!!

These are my personal experiences. I hope it helps all of you in the future. Best wishes to all

:)

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have a question. Right now I am working as a Software Engineer. I graduated in May and started Job in July. I would like to apply in CEC for PR. But now I have to go through express entry. For that do I need to have LMIA. If you can give some advice. I am working on 3 years post graduation work permit.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
The only advice I can give you is this; make your express entry profile now and submit it. You can always add more information even after submission. You are not losing anything. Don't waste time waiting for your one year of work to finish.

As for LMIA, talk to your employer. If you don't get an LMIA then do research on provincial nominee programs for other provinces. See which one is best for you and apply as soon as possible.

Best advice is that don't waste time. Use your weekends for research and filling applications.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Any fake LMIAs which are bought from lawyers etc is 100% ban for 5 years from any immigration program in Canada and other countries. Even if lawyer did not lie about making LMIA for you.

2sms_1190: LMIA is not necessary for applying to EE, it just gives more points. Read official program description to understand everything.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read this..

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/filipinos-among-victims-targeted-in-1-5m-immigration-scam-toronto-police-1.2221835

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for replies. I know that I don;t need LMIA. but to be "invited for application" and to be on higher rank in pool, I should get LMIA.
First I will give IELTS and will start EE profile. Because I think for now only way to apply for PR is through EE system. If I am eligible for CEC after 5 months, still I have to go through this system.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Exactly! As I said, start now. Build your profile even if you haven't completed your IELTS. Once you get your results, you can update your profile online at any time. Your points will change accordingly.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Thanks for the tips and +1 to you!!

mazamilam said:
Hello to all,

I've been reading a lot of threads regarding the LMIA. I understand it is difficult to get one; I'm in the same boat as all of you. I just want to inform you of my experiences with the CIC.

Getting an LMIA from shady sources might get you 600 points but remember, when you apply for your Citizenship in the future, you'll have to provide documents and history for the last 10 years.

Long story short, getting an LMIA through friends and family could help now, but when you have to provide documents for citizenship and your story doesn't match your documents, CIC could refuse your application for citizenship.

Do things by the book. It will be a bit of a struggle but in the long run it is always beneficial.

Don't trust lawyers and shady personal promising things. It always ends badly. All the information is online. I've been scared a lot by lawyers saying that applying alone always ends up in a refusal from the CIC. Allhamdulillah, that's never been the case for me. As long as you are truthful and provide all your documents, CIC will process your application with integrity.

When you are dealing with lawyers, always get things in writing and signed by the lawyer. Trust me when I say, if you argue with them over anything, YOU WILL BE ON THE LOSING SIDE!!!

These are my personal experiences. I hope it helps all of you in the future. Best wishes to all

:)