+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling PR - Can I do it?

jsinnkr

Nov 6, 2017
Hi

I applied for my PR application through Federal Skilled Workers program. I am currently working in TO under PGWP.

I happened to visit back home (Korea) for a short visit. On my way back home, I want to try flagpoling at the YYZ airport border.

Few things I am concerned with:
- My PR application is still in progress (passed Medical exam, background check in progress). Can I still try and flagpole to receive my PR that day?
- Can I do flagpoling at the airport?
- I don't have originals (proof of financials or criminal investigation report) but copies of submitted docs. Can I bring the copies to the border?

Thank you!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, you cannot flagpole until your application has been aproved and you have received your COPR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I applied for my PR application through Federal Skilled Workers program. I am currently working in TO under PGWP.

I happened to visit back home (Korea) for a short visit. On my way back home, I want to try flagpoling at the YYZ airport border.

Few things I am concerned with:
- My PR application is still in progress (passed Medical exam, background check in progress). Can I still try and flagpole to receive my PR that day?
- Can I do flagpoling at the airport?
- I don't have originals (proof of financials or criminal investigation report) but copies of submitted docs. Can I bring the copies to the border?

Thank you!
Hi

You can't land when your app hasn't been completed...

Also, flagpoling is when a person is already in Canada and they go to the Canada-US land border, get turned back at the US side and return to land in Canada.