+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling: Can I flagpole (land) if I am on IMPLIED status?

SamusAran

Feb 1, 2024
Hello,
I just got a job offer from a Canadian company. However, I am on implied status since I am still waiting for my eCOPR and my closed work permit expired on Feb 9, 2024 (I’ve been in Canada for 3 years) since Feb 9, 2024, I applied for a BOWP, however, it’s been 6 months since then and I haven’t received my New Open Work Permit.

FYI: my eCOPR is still on hold, I was already accepted and I passed all the filters and checks, I have access to the PR portal, and I uploaded my photo for the PR card, but I am on hold on that since I added my partner to my application and she is being asked for the documents for her PR, she is still undergoing revision.
I am a Mexican citizen and I know I am LMIA-exempt I can apply for CUSMA, which is a trade between Canada-USA-Mex.

My question is basically:

• If I can flagpole and get a New Work Permit at the border since I have a Job Offer being on implied status because my PR is still in process and my New Work Permit is taking so long which means I may lose this job opportunity.

I have evidence of my BOWP confirmation letter (after I applied), I have evidence of my PR status which is in process and I have the job offer as well.

I am a Mexican citizen and I know I am LMIA-exempt so I can apply for CUSMA, which is a trade between Canada-USA-Mex.

I’ve been in Canada for 3 years.

Thank you