+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flag-polling : Landing

minnie1234

Jan 6, 2011
Hi All,

I just want to share my landing experience. It may help some of you.
I filed my PR under skilled worker category & received my landing papers few days back. I am already in Canada. It was a big question for me that how can I do my landing being inside Canada.
I called up CIC call center & the representative suggested me an option that I can go to the nearest US border i.e. Toronto-Niagara-Buffalo border & come back to Canada to do landing formalities.

I opted to drive on rainbow bridge on Niagara which connect US & Canada. When I reached US border check-post the guard asked me for the purpose of entering US. I told him that I don't intend to enter US but want to do flag-poling for the Canadian PR landing formalities.

He took my passport & landing documents & asked me to visit officers inside Border security office. I parked my car & went inside. After a while an officer came out & asked me to get my car to another check-post. He opened the special gate (which i think they use for such U-turn purpose) & handed me my all documents & helped me to get out of US. Later i headed towards Canada again on rainbow bridge.
I checked that he gave me a document which says that I did flag-poling & my entry to US was rejected because of this purpose. NOTE that this does not affect any US visa/entry anytime ahead in life.

Hereon, the life was easy. At Canadian border check-post I had been asked few questions that what is the purpose of entry & if I am carrying any goods / cash / valuables. After that I had been asked to visit the Canadian border security office.
There they took my landing documents + passports & asked me for how much money do i have currently to support myself in country. In this case they are OK with your bank statements & proof of employment. As i was already in Canada before for a year, I had my T4 (TAX forms) which I gave them. In my case I was on work permit before so they asked me to surrender my work permit document.
Here on, they asked me to sit for a while & later I had been called to sign on my Landing documents. As I had no goods to follow me, so there was no customs formality for me.
Officer told me that I will be receiving my PR card within 4-6 weeks.

I hope for the people who are within Canada & want to do landing, for them this information helps.

kamaleddin

Star Member
Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-05-2012
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
Med's delivered to Ottawa (Purolator): 24-09-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
I am going to drive tomorrow as well. I remember someone had mentioned in this forum that you can't drive to the bridge for flagpoling but apparently it's possible. Does anyone have any thoughts?