+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

flactuation in Language test, what's the exact reason?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hello all,
most of the time, I've had considerable fluctuation in my IELTS' score
sometimes, I get 8 in reading and another time 6.5 or 7 and this procedure about listening 7.5 - 7 - 6.5 - 8
no consolidation has been made
what is/are the reasons(s) behind that?and how to tackle such this issue?
thanks

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello all,
most of the time, I've had considerable fluctuation in my IELTS' score
sometimes, I get 8 in reading and another time 6.5 or 7 and this procedure about listening 7.5 - 7 - 6.5 - 8
no consolidation has been made
what is/are the reasons(s) behind that?and how to tackle such this issue?
thanks
Are you talking about practice tests or the real exam?

Reactions: santi_marlon

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I'm looking to find a way whether I'd able to stabilize or consolidate my score on a specific band
It also depends on how the practice tests are scored.. Are you marking it yourself or is it software generated.
Are you distracted/exhausted during certain tests while the "high" score ones you are relaxed.
Don't take tests immediately after you finish one series - No two listening and no two Reading together.

Overall, take a notebook and analyze your mistakes. Are you repeating certain types of mistakes. Is a particular accent causing an issue?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
e "high" score ones you are relaxed.
I think that those I could be able to get complete score is much more simpler and easier rather than those I couldn't do.
No two listening and no two Reading together
Thanks for your advice
Is a particular accent causing an issue?
Here, is the by far the biggest problem, I get what you mean
you mean, have I had a same mistake over multiple test
Yes and NO
in one test I did perfect Yes/NO/NG (all questions I did correct) , but in another , half of them go wrongly :(
and I am not sure why
In one Listening test I do well MAP completing , in another one I lost some of them
and I do not know Why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
what is the best time for practicing a test ? Reading and Listening ? at morning ?for example one test in morning and one another skill in evening ?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I think that those I could be able to get complete score is much more simpler and easier rather than those I couldn't do.

Thanks for your advice

Here, is the by far the biggest problem, I get what you mean
you mean, have I had a same mistake over multiple test
Yes and NO
in one test I did perfect Yes/NO/NG (all questions I did correct) , but in another , half of them go wrongly :(
and I am not sure why
In one Listening test I do well MAP completing , in another one I lost some of them
and I do not know Why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used this video to understand the logic to answer Y/N/NG and T/F/NG questions.

Listening is more anticipating what the answer will be before you hear it...so you have to read in advance, anticipate and write down the answer.

Reactions: santi_marlon

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
I used this video to understand the logic to answer Y/N/NG and T/F/NG questions.

Listening is more anticipating what the answer will be before you hear it...so you have to read in advance, anticipate and write down the answer.
thank you