+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Five Month Old Bank Statement

northernlight

Apr 16, 2010
Received green signal from CIO in Sydney. Applying to Buffalo office. Can I use five month old bank statement as proof of fund?

When applying to CIO I mentioned that I would take the IELTS before applying to Buffalo Office. Taking IELTS will result in one and half month delay. I am thinking of applying right away with an explanation on my proficiency in English and submit IELTS score later on. Or should I wait one and half month and apply with IELTS score?

Appreciate any comments.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
northernlight said:
Received green signal from CIO in Sydney. Applying to Buffalo office. Can I use five month old bank statement as proof of fund?

When applying to CIO I mentioned that I would take the IELTS before applying to Buffalo Office. Taking IELTS will result in one and half month delay. I am thinking of applying right away with an explanation on my proficiency in English and submit IELTS score later on. Or should I wait one and half month and apply with IELTS score?
Appreciate any comments.
Hi,
Yes. Five months old bank statements will do.
Since you are given 120 days to submit your full application, I would suggest you that submit full application with IELTS result. This is what visa office specific instruction guide says "Proof of language proficiency is required for your application to be
considered complete, otherwise it will be returned to you. If your native language is English or French, you still need to provide a letter attesting tothis fact."

Dont risk yoursef.
Good luck
Ice cube

kris905

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-March-2010
AOR Received.
17-May-2010
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2013
Ice Cube said:
Hi,
Yes. Five months old bank statements will do.
Since you are given 120 days to submit your full application, I would suggest you that submit full application with IELTS result. This is what visa office specific instruction guide says "Proof of language proficiency is required for your application to be
considered complete, otherwise it will be returned to you. If your native language is English or French, you still need to provide a letter attesting tothis fact."

Dont risk yoursef.
Good luck
Ice cube
What about PCC proof of fund Ice Cube?
Can we send that later after the application to visa office is sent?

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
Hi,
You mean Proof of fund (POF)? If you are sending your initial application to CIC, NS, then you do not need to send a POF. However, POF should be submitted with full application to local visa office. The same applies to PCC.

Good luck
Ice cube

visaexpert4indians

Mar 19, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
northernlight said:
Please submit full document with IELTS result.

You must choose IELTS or written submission. If you fail to prove your language ability by written submission, they will not give you second change to take IELTS, they will award point according to your written submission, It can be 0 also.

You will not given second change to prove of language ability.