+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Visitor Visa Refusal and Recommendations for Second Application

infoplss

Jul 26, 2024
Hi Guys!
My Canadian visitor visa application was rejected. It was my first application and I had applied online through the IRCC Portal with the new system. (I had applied with the new online application method where each document is attached as an online PDF, not the old GCKey method).
Application details;
  • I am a single male in his 20s. I work as a digital marketing. My employer is my brother. I have been working for 2 years with him. Education: I have a bachelor's degree in Art. I don't understand what you mean by 'employment situation' in my reason for rejection. What does that article cover?
  • I have 3 tourist Schengen visas in my passport, each from a different country. All of them were obtained within the last 1 year (1-3-6 months) and the last one (Switzerland) is still active. I have traveled abroad 2 times before. So I used two Schengen visas before for two countries..
  • I also have a US immigrant visa in my passport (I won it in the Green Card lottery) but I have never used it and I have never been to the US because I gave up being an immigrant because I am happy in my own country where I live. I attached a picture of my visa image to the application, but I didn't mention anything about it in the cover letter.
  • I had planned a 10-day trip to Toronto and Quebec City.
  • I had about 10,500 CAD in my bank account at the time of application. I received my bank statements online with e-signature and created and uploaded the relevant PDF.
  • The third PDF I created as additional documents was a personal letter (it did not contain a detailed travel plan, I mostly talked about myself, my travel intentions and personal information, I mentioned my travel history. I had attached every document I deemed necessary, such as accommodation reservations, workplace documents and many more. I did not have a plane ticket. This is not compulsory in the country I live in. Because visa applications process are very long time. There is no such requirement.

Refusal Letter;
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your current employment situation does not show that you are financially established in

your country of residence.

I have declared everything correctly in my application and attached all the necessary documents.
What do you think I should do? What do you recommend me to pay attention to in my second application? Could you analyze my reasons for refusal? I am not a person who wants to become an immigrant. I am happy where I am, that's why I didn't go to the U.S. Obviously, when I had the opportunity to become an immigrant. I wanted to have a Canadian Visa, I am interested in sightseeing and I wanted to experience travel at a young age. I don't want this rejection to have a negative impact on my visa history when I apply for a visa for any country in the future. How can we evaluate my rejections? Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
What country are you from? When did you win the green card visa? You have minimal ties to your home country which is an issue. When did your travel to Europe and what country? For how long?

infoplss

Jul 26, 2024
What country are you from? When did you win the green card visa? You have minimal ties to your home country which is an issue. When did your travel to Europe and what country? For how long?
Turkey, I got the visa last summer. Austria, Greece - 1 week -1 week. I have 2 countries in my travel history. ( last summer and last christmas) And For the 3rd time I got a Schengen visa. I got this visa when I applied for a Canadian visa. I attached a picture of this visa in the application. My visa is currently active and I am going on a tourist trip to Europe again in the coming days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Turkey, I got the visa last summer. Austria, Greece - 1 week -1 week. I have 2 countries in my travel history. ( last summer and last christmas) And For the 3rd time I got a Schengen visa. I got this visa when I applied for a Canadian visa. I attached a picture of this visa in the application. My visa is currently active and I am going on a tourist trip to Europe again in the coming days.
[/QUOTE

Would wait to reapply until you have gone to Schengen area again. You have minimal ties to Turkey. The fact that you are employed by a family member isn’t as strong a tie as if employed by someone else. Would include a detailed itinerary.

Reactions: infoplss

infoplss

Jul 26, 2024
Hi, thank you very much for taking care of my post. )
I mean, it's ridiculous, isn't it? I'm doing a job. My education is not related to this, but I love this job and I've been working in this job for more than 2 years. Also, the fact that my employer is a family member shows that I have permanent ties in this country. Since I am already happy in my own country and have strong ties with my family, I have given up the right to immigrate. It is enough for me to make touristic trips. Don't you think it's ridiculous that Canada rejected my visa on the suspicion that I won't return, when I have almost as many rights as citizenship from the US? I didn't mention anything about my US immigrant visa in my cover letter, so I didn't mention anything about the Green Card lottary process. I thought this might create confusion. But I attached the image of my visa in my passport and I don't know if I should have mentioned why I didn't go to the u.s. or how I got the visa in the cover letter.
I was interested in the Canadian visa because it was valid for the duration of my passport. I could plan and travel flexibly. Schengen visas are not like that. They issue visas with very short validity usually. For the duration of the trip or a few months. But my profile in Schengen visa became very strong and I started to get long visas. I want to do tourist trips and I want to strengthen my passport. I am young and when can I do all this? I want to see new places while I have the opportunity. In the future I would apply for tourist visas from other countries, like England, Australia... But now I am in a situation that has a bad impact on my travel profile. Because when I apply for a visa to any country, there are questions like “have you been refused a visa from another country before?” and this visa refusal has affected my profile badly. I am very upset about this situation. I don't lose anything by not going to Canada. So I can accept not seeing Canada, but I am sorry that the visa refusal has badly affected my profile. I am not just a visa applicant, I am a human being. I am now hesitant to apply for a second time, in case I might be rejected again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, thank you very much for taking care of my post. )
I mean, it's ridiculous, isn't it? I'm doing a job. My education is not related to this, but I love this job and I've been working in this job for more than 2 years. Also, the fact that my employer is a family member shows that I have permanent ties in this country. Since I am already happy in my own country and have strong ties with my family, I have given up the right to immigrate. It is enough for me to make touristic trips. Don't you think it's ridiculous that Canada rejected my visa on the suspicion that I won't return, when I have almost as many rights as citizenship from the US? I didn't mention anything about my US immigrant visa in my cover letter, so I didn't mention anything about the Green Card lottary process. I thought this might create confusion. But I attached the image of my visa in my passport and I don't know if I should have mentioned why I didn't go to the u.s. or how I got the visa in the cover letter.
I was interested in the Canadian visa because it was valid for the duration of my passport. I could plan and travel flexibly. Schengen visas are not like that. They issue visas with very short validity usually. For the duration of the trip or a few months. But my profile in Schengen visa became very strong and I started to get long visas. I want to do tourist trips and I want to strengthen my passport. I am young and when can I do all this? I want to see new places while I have the opportunity. In the future I would apply for tourist visas from other countries, like England, Australia... But now I am in a situation that has a bad impact on my travel profile. Because when I apply for a visa to any country, there are questions like “have you been refused a visa from another country before?” and this visa refusal has affected my profile badly. I am very upset about this situation. I don't lose anything by not going to Canada. So I can accept not seeing Canada, but I am sorry that the visa refusal has badly affected my profile. I am not just a visa applicant, I am a human being. I am now hesitant to apply for a second time, in case I might be rejected again.
Unless you have met residency requirements for US green card is basically meaningless. The fact that you applied for one shows you had the desire to move out of Turkey. Canada shares immigration data with 5 eyes countries. Canada has also had a lot of Turkish citizens move to Canada to either claim asylum or move through a temporary work permit that was supposed to be limited to people personally affected by the most recent earthquake. Program was abused by many & government did little policing to confirm direct impact of the earthquake. Many working for a family business on paper are not really working for their family business. When truly working for a family business it is often easier to risk a move abroad knowing you have a job to fall back on. The fact that you are not working in your field also may raise doubts about whether you are looking for other opportunities. In general it is difficult for young people to get TRVs without property, spouse/children, lower savings levels, etc. People reapply for TRVs all the time. If you reapply would show more travel history. I may even attempt to travel to the US or UK first. US visas can be often easier to obtain because they can deport people much easier than Canada and are far less generous if you are trying to attempt to remain in the US as someone without legal status or asylum claimant. Would include a detailed itinerary next time as well. Must be realistic though.

Reactions: infoplss

infoplss

Jul 26, 2024
Unless you have met residency requirements for US green card is basically meaningless. The fact that you applied for one shows you had the desire to move out of Turkey. Canada shares immigration data with 5 eyes countries. Canada has also had a lot of Turkish citizens move to Canada to either claim asylum or move through a temporary work permit that was supposed to be limited to people personally affected by the most recent earthquake. Program was abused by many & government did little policing to confirm direct impact of the earthquake. Many working for a family business on paper are not really working for their family business. When truly working for a family business it is often easier to risk a move abroad knowing you have a job to fall back on. The fact that you are not working in your field also may raise doubts about whether you are looking for other opportunities. In general it is difficult for young people to get TRVs without property, spouse/children, lower savings levels, etc. People reapply for TRVs all the time. If you reapply would show more travel history. I may even attempt to travel to the US or UK first. US visas can be often easier to obtain because they can deport people much easier than Canada and are far less generous if you are trying to attempt to remain in the US as someone without legal status or asylum claimant. Would include a detailed itinerary next time as well. Must be realistic though.
I understand. Yes, Thank you so much, really thanks..