Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
So i am in a peculiar situation. The problem is that on my passport, it does not show any first name and my Full name is written as the last name. On my IELTS report, my first name is "---" and my last name is my full name as per my passport. I did not think this could be a problem as i have traveled on this same passport and no one really said anything.
A friend of mine told me that this can be a problem in my express entry application.
So what do you guys think? Do i need to change passport and retake IELTS or is it fine as long as the rest of information of my passport and the IELTS report card match?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
So i am in a peculiar situation. The problem is that on my passport, it does not show any first name and my Full name is written as the last name. On my IELTS report, my first name is "---" and my last name is my full name as per my passport. I did not think this could be a problem as i have traveled on this same passport and no one really said anything.
A friend of mine told me that this can be a problem in my express entry application.
So what do you guys think? Do i need to change passport and retake IELTS or is it fine as long as the rest of information of my passport and the IELTS report card match?
in your ee application, enter the whole name in the 'surname' field and leave 'given name(s)' as blank.

Arsalanullah1122

Star Member
Jul 17, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-11-2018
If i do that, then it might create a problem with my WES report and other educational documents which show my first name and last name correctly.

I think i can just explain this in LOE?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
There is no problem in that. You are good.

Reactions: Arsalanullah1122

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hello Sir i am going to apply to sds canadian student visa. The issue is that my whole name which is Rahil Khan is written in surname portion on the passport and my given name is blank there is nothing its empty.Now while applying to visa online on portal they are asking for first name which I don't have on my passport so sir what should I do I can't leave it blank because it is mandatory and I cannot use the sign of dash(-) in place of it because special characters are not allowed.Kindly help me

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
in your ee application, enter the whole name in the 'surname' field and leave 'given name(s)' as blank.
Hello Sir i am going to apply to sds canadian student visa. The issue is that my whole name which is Rahil Khan is written in surname portion on the passport and my given name is blank there is nothing its empty.Now while applying to visa online on portal they are asking for first name which I don't have on my passport so sir what should I do I can't leave it blank because it is mandatory and I cannot use the sign of dash(-) in place of it because special characters are not allowed.Kindly help me

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
You cannot leave last name blank

First name you should be able to leave blank

Can you check again?

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
You cannot leave last name blank

First name you should be able to leave blank

Can you check again?
Yea sir i have checked i got it yes first name can be left blank but sir what about gic while creating account?And Thank You for replying