+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First Name Last Name Issue

param11singh

Mar 10, 2016
Hi,

I recently received PR Invitation. When I created the Express Entry application profile, my first name and last name in the passport were written together in the given name section. However, as my passport was about to expire, I got my passport reissued with the correction in my name. In my new passport my name is written correctly wherein the first name is written under first name section and last name is written under last name section. But, in my PR invitation application, there is no option for me to write my name correctly, as when I originally submitted the application, I wrote my full name under the last name section. Could anyone please let me know what I should do next?

Thanks!

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In your application fill in the details as per your new passport
say Yes to change of name
and write the previous name in the change of name section
And attach an affidavit "one and the same person"
Check this link
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/change-of-name-query-t480467.0.html

param11singh

Mar 10, 2016
I am still at the questionnaire part of the application and there is no option which says change of name. Under the personal details form of the questionnaire there is a name section which has my name already populated and is not allowing me to change it.