+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finger print report timeline in case of past criminal record

ibanez

Jul 11, 2014
Hi

I applied for Finger print in feb 2014. I got a letter from CIC saying they need the report. But RCMP has not replied to CIC yet. It has been 5 months now. Today i got a letter from CIC saying they will give me 15 days within which i need to send a report. i sent email to RCMP but they send a standard reply saying it will take 3-4 months.

I have a past criminal record but the case was dropped since it was a family issue. Could someone tell me what should i do at this point?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
ibanez said:
Hi

I applied for Finger print in feb 2014. I got a letter from CIC saying they need the report. But RCMP has not replied to CIC yet. It has been 5 months now. Today i got a letter from CIC saying they will give me 15 days within which i need to send a report. i sent email to RCMP but they send a standard reply saying it will take 3-4 months.

I have a past criminal record but the case was dropped since it was a family issue. Could someone tell me what should i do at this point?
I have no experience in this, but it looks like your best bet is to forward the communication you have received from RCMP, to CIC.

It will be entirely up to them what they want to do.

In addition, you could send CIC a local police report along with it, if that could be arranged comparatively faster.

Regards