+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finding Teaching Job in Canada

AdeRuth

Jun 12, 2023
My name is BISI, I am a Mathematician, and I currently teach Maths and Further Maths in Nigeria.
I desire a teaching job in Canada, and an opportunity to also further my education.
I have a Bsc. in Mathematics from the university. I need your assistance.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My name is BISI, I am a Mathematician, and I currently teach Maths and Further Maths in Nigeria.
I desire a teaching job in Canada, and an opportunity to also further my education.
Thank you
First you need to be licensed so look at licensing requirements for the province you want to move to. Get your education assessed and take a language test. Not sure you will be able to be licensed as you don’t have a B.Ed. In Canada, people get there undergrad and then B.Ed.

Once licensed, look at immigration programs or see if your employer will file for a LMIA. The LMIA proves there is no Canadian or PR that can be a teacher. Once you have LMIA apply for a closed work permit.

Or look into immigration programs like Express Entry based on your age, education, work experience, language and funds.

Last edited:

AdeRuth

Jun 12, 2023
Thank
First you need to be licensed so look at licensing requirements for the province you want to move to. Get your education assessed and take a language test. Not sure you will be able to be licensed as you don’t have a B.Ed. In Canada, people get there undergrad and then B.Ed.

Once licensed, look at immigration programs or see if your employer will file for a LMIA. The LMIA proves there is no Canadian or PR that can be a teacher. Once you have LMIA apply for a closed work permit.

Or look into immigration programs like Express Entry based on your age, education, work experience, language and funds.
Thank You for reaching out.
What is the full meaning of LMIA, and which language test will you suggest?
Thank you.
Miss Bisi

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank
Thank You for reaching out.
What is the full meaning of LMIA, and which language test will you suggest?
Thank you.
Miss Bisi
LMIA is a labour market assessment that proves no Canadian, PR or person with work authorization could be hired, only you have the skills, education and experience. Few employers go through the process, and I don’t think school boards would be eligible. IELTS for English. TEF for French.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you
The fact that you don’t have a teaching degree could be an issue. In Canada a teaching degree is a masters degree. Do you not have to have a teaching degree to teach at a school in Nigeria?